• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

I thought I was done.

Kevin3110

Reaction score
Well after Sunday morning’s session and 3 bass my reward on a lovely Autum’s morning I thought I was done on the lures for this year, but with a tide and weather conditions falling nicely after the school run I was awfully tempted to put the rod and lures back in the car.
Now I was happy with the late November caught bass but could I sneak in a December lure caught one as well? Told the Mrs of my plans and that I’d be a couple of hours later getting back and once the kids were safely dropped off at school I made my way to the mark.
Stunning morning again but didn’t quite get off to the same start as Sunday as I lost one of my Mishna’s ☹ Undeterred another was soon rigged only this time opting for the pearl colour. I get a cracking hit after about 25min of fishing but the hook doesn’t set and after a couple of head shakes the attacker has gone. Luckily I didn’t have to wait long before beating the blank ?

Strangely quiet it was about 30min later when after a change of lure I find the 2nd of the morning, taking a Megabass spindle worm.

Nothing big but having normally stopped by mid November I was just enjoying catching any bass on a lure.
Other than a couple of bumps on the lure I called it a day around 11am, very happy with my hour and a half’s session.

Will I go again?................. I’m not sure but it’s only the month of January now that I haven’t caught a bass on a lure, so if the weather remains reasonably mild locally I might just have a go at it again.

Great result Kevin ?, I can't wait to read about your January bass next ?.

Back