• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Jigging Rod .

Leepip

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Looking for jigging Rod which can hold jigs up to 150grm Got £125 Budget any advice be appreciated

Um it says Jigging Bud it's Xmas Eve you had Few Beers lol

Well I've Found one of on Veals even better I can use heavy jigs on the boat

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231225-154028.png
    Screenshot_20231225-154028.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 7
Some boxing day sale jigging rods at Gerrys... depends on what you're looking for in a jigging specific rod.

I took a punt on a LureKilller Slow Rider 1.91m SPJ rod from Ali Express that's a real belter. It's rated for jigs 40g to 150g. PE 0.8 to 2.5. The spec and feel for the money is incredible. All Fuji hardware, spiral wrapped, long tip short butt. All in it was about £80 including the very high postage fees. If that's the style of fishing you are looking at then definitely have a look at them👍

Well I've seen Few options they all All good Rods and Suitable for what I want.Its for Slow Drifting over Reefs ,Rough Ground usually use 5 to7oz Cannon Ball lead and String Lures Feathers Etc on 12 to 20lb class Boat Rod gets Boring then I Want to Fish lighter I got Penn Conflict 5000 Reel loaded with Braid so will use that on the Jigging Rod only After Pollack Bass Codling Coalfish nothing big Where we Fish Probably Pollack 8lb Codling 6lb is about the Biggest we get With occasional bigger Fish .

Ah right, then the rod I've mentioned will be no good as it's trigger grip and spiral guides are for multiplier obviously (I've a little Gomexus LX50 leftie on mine with 28lb JBraid 8x Grand that makes for a peach of an outfit). I'm told there's a very good Penn solid carbon range? Not used them myself though

Looking for jigging Rod which can hold jigs up to 150grm Got £125 Budget any advice be appreciated
As Warbs would say - spend it down the pub. :ROFLMAO:

Well I've seen Few options they all All good Rods and Suitable for what I want.Its for Slow Drifting over Reefs ,Rough Ground usually use 5 to7oz Cannon Ball lead and String Lures Feathers Etc on 12 to 20lb class Boat Rod gets Boring then I Want to Fish lighter I got Penn Conflict 5000 Reel loaded with Braid so will use that on the Jigging Rod only After Pollack Bass Codling Coalfish nothing big Where we Fish Probably Pollack 8lb Codling 6lb is about the Biggest we get With occasional bigger Fish .

By jigging rod, I would have assumed slow jigging, and for that I would recommend Temple Reef, Maxel, or Catch. You would also need a narrow spool palm sized multi to go with it. Slow Jigging can become quite addictive.

If you are just 'Gilling' and using cannonball leads on tube booms or flying collars that something like a Kenzaki 12 - 20 will do the job just fine

Back