• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Kirkcudbright bay 23/9/22

Thrasher

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Mate sent a text saying Friday nights high tide looked a good time, 11.14pm and 6.8m. Weather fine, were going.
Got to our usual mark for about 8.30pm a bit later than usual, I had to finish work, load up the car and drop some stuff off to someone local and get a bite to eat.
Mate gets a rod in water first, I am still fannying about tying a clip on the end of my leader and dicking about with two tangled rigs.
There's a bite, fish on says he a doggie and I am still not in the water. 1-0 says he, not that it is a competition.
So I eventually sorg out the two hook flapoer, wee strips of mackerel and out it goes. Tackling up second rod, tappity tap on first, fsh on and in comes a whiting. 1-1, not that I am counting.
I then get the other rod in and it goes a bit bananas. Loads of bites but not converting much, guessing ting, but I go doggie, doggie, doggie, ting. 5-1 rods quiet along the rocks.
Mate then goes doggie, doggie, doggie, ting. 5-5, bugger. He then goes doggie, gurnard, thornie. 8-5 double bugger. I am next with a thornie then a doggie thornie double shot.
Two more doggies for the mate and it id 10-8. Feck. He starts packing up and I have a last cast on both rods as we are now about two and a half hours after high and I had an inckling there was still action to be had.
Both rods were barely in the water and I had a thornie on each one. 10-10 honours even and I too packed up with the equalisers.
So I had two ting, four doggies and four thornies, mate had a ting a gurnard, one thornie and seven doggies.
Plenty of bites missed, a few fish dropped off too.
A busy and enjoyable wee session.

Great report Thrash, and well done for evening up the scores!

I don't normally make the time to read the over the border reports, but thought I'd take a wee peek! ?? (y) (y)

Nice report buddy ,Have to try up there myself sometime soon as it's near Balcary isn't it

Nice report buddy ,Have to try up there myself sometime soon as it's near Balcary isn't it
Yep a couple of bays further west. Not as good an area as the flat rock though was told a decent cod came of it recently the flat rock that is.

Nice fishing well done. Ive always found the fishing in Scotland fantastic (y)

Back