• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Lake Pier partly closed off.

cap'nhaddock

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
lake.jpglake 1.jpg

It will be difficult to fish more than two or three off the end.
Another good spot gone.

I was going to make some facetious remark about the pier dying, given someone's hung flowers on the barrier but that's probably because of someone's ashes going in off the end, so I won't.
At least the signage states that the council are looking to resolve the issue.
Extraordinarily expensive job , so probably low on the priority list though.
It can be done though. Totland pier here on the Isle of Wight is currently being refurbished.
It's also up for sale if anyone wants a private fishing spot with cafe.

I was going to make some facetious remark about the pier dying, given someone's hung flowers on the barrier but that's probably because of someone's ashes going in off the end, so I won't.
At least the signage states that the council are looking to resolve the issue.
Extraordinarily expensive job , so probably low on the priority list though.
It can be done though. Totland pier here on the Isle of Wight is currently being refurbished.
It's also up for sale if anyone wants a private fishing spot with cafe.
A bit far to travel for me.

They've done that mate , because you catch to many fish there !!!!! ????
Not that time, not a bite but dozens of crabs.

No, not enough car parking, which is what will make it difficult to sell.

Someone is spending a huge amount of money on it but I can't see them getting it back.
There will be capacity to seat well over a hundred people in the two storey cafe and on the stem but only about 10 parking spaces.

This is an interesting read.

https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/19818096.cafe-pier-moorings-sale-totland-bay-photos/

Maybe one day I'll take a ladder and get on it from the beach. I'm told it used to be a fantastic fishing pier, I don't think access will be granted now though.

That Totland Pier looks great, no idea how much they want for it, a fortune probably.

From the Totland Pier company website, "Fishing is strictly prohibited on Totland Pier". Won't bother then!

1641895364727.png

It's closed until April, who's going to know?
Especially at night using no light, very tempting.

I use a little platform that's by a side door to keep out of the wind when I fish along side the pier from the beach which is useful.

Keep that to yourselves.

Back