• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Last night session. ?

Kevin3110

Reaction score
Involves a really looooooooooong walk to the mark so no bait bucket last night it all went in the seat box, 2 rods and my rest in the hold-all and off on the yomp we went.
Eventually reach the mark and initially just set up the one rod alternating rig and baits between ragworm and crab on either a 1up 1down or a single hook pulley.

99105A63-3E96-4FA9-86FD-0C20F983DFB7.jpeg

As the tide run eased I setup the 2nd rod and this was the time the rod tips started showing signs of activity. I’d not long cast out, not very far either and looked up whilst re-baiting to see my rod bouncing away in the rest.

C970137A-726A-4D41-9D93-4751EA27FEA5.jpeg

Not long later no2 of the evening was landed whilst I also missed a humdinger of a bite on the crab bait.

B2CEEA12-27F8-4C1F-B239-2ACD58336998.jpeg

Strangely, my mate was getting nothing a little further up to my right even using the exact baits I was fishing with. A little while later I find bass no3 for the evening.

A3D49405-B6B8-4342-B2DF-9F318EEE3F70.jpeg

Now bites continued for myself, smash and grab type bites with nothing hooking up probably small schoolies again and eventually my mate landed a pin whiting that in fairness he confessed he’d never even seen the bite.
With the tide now ebbing we decided to call it a night and make the long walk back to the cars.

B5A71ABE-F216-4BB0-92B9-8A79180F4A3E.jpeg

Tight lines. ???

Well done mate, awesome fish for long yomp, Pitty the big bite didn't produce.

It is strange how the person next to you can have all or nothing.

Tight lines mate

Well done mate, awesome fish for long yomp, Pitty the big bite didn't produce.

It is strange how the person next to you can have all or nothing.

Tight lines mate

Very strange and it’s been the other way around on a few occasions........

Only difference I can think of is on this occasion I was lucky enough to be fishing the features the bass a mooching around in looking for food, where as he may have been just off it? ?

Always gets you thinking.

Back