• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Last night……

Kevin3110

Reaction score
…… it was back to the beach with a couple of mates. Bites from the off with my first 2 casts both producing Coalfish.

Fin Fish Marine biology Seafood Food

Then, from the 3rd cast and almost 4hrs I couldn’t hook another had my life depended on it 🤷‍♂️ Whilst the lads just to my right continued to catch. I was still getting bites and using exactly the same bait but couldn’t connect with anything ☹

At 11:30pm they’d had enough and decided to call it a night, in my stupidity/stubbornness I decided with having today off and bait left to fish on. Just past midnight I caught another 😁

Fin Fish Marine biology Seafood Ray-finned fish

And from then on the Coalfish gates had opened with bites on every cast landing most of them too.

Fin Fish Marine biology Electric blue Ray-finned fish

Fish Fin Seafood Ray-finned fish Electric blue

Fin Fish Underwater Marine biology Electric blue

On a couple of occasions the rod didn’t even make it back to the rest the bottom strewn with ravenous Coalie’s!
Hectic as it was and with still a few Ragworm left the heavens opened around 01:30am, so with a final fish on the last cast I packed up and headed for the car a lot…… lot later than planned! 🥴

Fin Fish Marine biology Ray-finned fish Underwater

Great report and pic’s mate. Can be so frustrating not getting the hook ups. I find playing with longer/shorter snoods usually sort the issue out.

Great report and pic’s mate. Can be so frustrating not getting the hook ups. I find playing with longer/shorter snoods usually sort the issue out.
Yeah, 💯% agree that swapping snood lengths can help on those occasions, unfortunately I’d only taken a few pre-tied ones last night that were fairly similar to each other.

Great session Kevin (y). Glad that staying on after the lads left resulted in plenty more fish for you ;).

Never caught one off the Sussex beaches :(, plenty of whiting, codling, doggies, flats, hounds etc etc.

Last edited:
Never caught one off the Sussex beaches :(, plenty of whiting, doggies, flats, hounds etc etc.
I was talking with a mate in South Wales and they don’t get any down his way either. Great little scrapers on lighter beach tackle.

…… it was back to the beach with a couple of mates. Bites from the off with my first 2 casts both producing Coalfish.

Fin Fish Marine biology Seafood Food

Then, from the 3rd cast and almost 4hrs I couldn’t hook another had my life depended on it 🤷‍♂️ Whilst the lads just to my right continued to catch. I was still getting bites and using exactly the same bait but couldn’t connect with anything ☹

At 11:30pm they’d had enough and decided to call it a night, in my stupidity/stubbornness I decided with having today off and bait left to fish on. Just past midnight I caught another 😁

Fin Fish Marine biology Seafood Ray-finned fish

And from then on the Coalfish gates had opened with bites on every cast landing most of them too.

Fin Fish Marine biology Electric blue Ray-finned fish

Fish Fin Seafood Ray-finned fish Electric blue

Fin Fish Underwater Marine biology Electric blue

On a couple of occasions the rod didn’t even make it back to the rest the bottom strewn with ravenous Coalie’s!
Hectic as it was and with still a few Ragworm left the heavens opened around 01:30am, so with a final fish on the last cast I packed up and headed for the car a lot…… lot later than planned! 🥴

Fin Fish Marine biology Ray-finned fish Underwater
Hi mate where did u fish in North Wales catching these man

Back