• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Llandudno pier

Scouse ramos

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Decided to have another ago fishing Wales after a good session on the hounds on my last adventure .This time I thought I would give LLandudno pier a try.
I arrived around 1pm well after the high tide the session started very slow with no anglers catching a thing .1 hour into the session I had bite I struck and I'm in. A dogfish not so big didn't take a picture .A family turned up two kids one guy one woman. The guy was a Scottish dude seemed nice. He set up and first cast I watched him was like a grenade hitting the water straight over my line. I reeled in and untangled his feather trace whilst he told his kid I casted well far out however his cast was about a 2 yard cast lol. He then casted out again reeled in and again tangled into my line I was well out in the water because I have a decent cast on me I was probably out around 160 yards .again I untangled his rig from my line . After this I had another bite another dogfish again not that big but it was a fish. There was a guy on the pier drinking a bottle of wine popping what I would say was diazepams he keep snagging constantly he even tried to climb over a gate to get his float back haha.i asked him does he want my dogfish for his dinner haha he said he was off to Sainsbury's and would be back he never returned. Anyway back to fishing no more bites but again same guy casts over my line after this I move completely then he leaves the pier. I packed up after five hours of fishing with only two fish after the security was telling us all to leave the pier at 8pm yet people where walking on the pier till 10pm which I witnessed high tide was at 20.05pm so I wasn't happy at all. I went back to my campsite to find my tent had blown down and had destroyed alot of the poles all my belongings inside having to crawl inside a tent full of water to recover my things utter nightmare.i thought this was summer time the wind's where attrociois.i fought against the wind like warrior trying to rescue my belongings whilst the wind and rain where coming at me at all angles we got tent back into the car .then to make matters worse I fell into a ditch haha so it was time to just come home and forget the fishing. Next trip will be in about two weeks locally .

Oh dear. A session you'll remember for all the wrong reasons. At least you didn't blank.

Decided to have another ago fishing Wales after a good session on the hounds on my last adventure .This time I thought I would give LLandudno pier a try.
I arrived around 1pm well after the high tide the session started very slow with no anglers catching a thing .1 hour into the session I had bite I struck and I'm in. A dogfish not so big didn't take a picture .A family turned up two kids one guy one woman. The guy was a Scottish dude seemed nice. He set up and first cast I watched him was like a grenade hitting the water straight over my line. I reeled in and untangled his feather trace whilst he told his kid I casted well far out however his cast was about a 2 yard cast lol. He then casted out again reeled in and again tangled into my line I was well out in the water because I have a decent cast on me I was probably out around 160 yards .again I untangled his rig from my line . After this I had another bite another dogfish again not that big but it was a fish. There was a guy on the pier drinking a bottle of wine popping what I would say was diazepams he keep snagging constantly he even tried to climb over a gate to get his float back haha.i asked him does he want my dogfish for his dinner haha he said he was off to Sainsbury's and would be back he never returned. Anyway back to fishing no more bites but again same guy casts over my line after this I move completely then he leaves the pier. I packed up after five hours of fishing with only two fish after the security was telling us all to leave the pier at 8pm yet people where walking on the pier till 10pm which I witnessed high tide was at 20.05pm so I wasn't happy at all. I went back to my campsite to find my tent had blown down and had destroyed alot of the poles all my belongings inside having to crawl inside a tent full of water to recover my things utter nightmare.i thought this was summer time the wind's where attrociois.i fought against the wind like warrior trying to rescue my belongings whilst the wind and rain where coming at me at all angles we got tent back into the car .then to make matters worse I fell into a ditch haha so it was time to just come home and forget the fishing. Next trip will be in about two weeks locally .
Shit mate , that was a trip from hell , some twat on the pier casting over you , your tent blown down a right nightmare , should of stayed home

Yer casting over me three times trying to teach his kid how to fish poor lad hahaha

Great report, such a shame about the idiot on the pier though. I bet you'll remember that trip for a while!
Fingers crossed next time is abit more productive and a little less stressful for you.
Hope you managed to salvage your tent aswell.

Things can only get better!!!

Good report and well done catching a couple fish. Sounds like luck wasnt on your side that day (y)

Sound like an absolute nightmare of a session that ?, fair play to you for sticking at it ?.

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about a couple of blanks last week ?.

Sound like an absolute nightmare of a session that ?, fair play to you for sticking at it ?.

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about a couple of blanks last week ?.
Haha the two dogfish eased my pain haha was gutted tho cus my plans where to fish talacre the next day but after the tent got damaged had no where to stay

Great report, such a shame about the idiot on the pier though. I bet you'll remember that trip for a while!
Fingers crossed next time is abit more productive and a little less stressful for you.
Hope you managed to salvage your tent aswell.
No the tent was destroyed it's binned think next trip I'll look for a pod to stay in haha

That's the reason I switched to braid, you can cast over me all you want but say bye bye to your line and rig lol

Back