• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

lure bag

j willson

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
to hold 4 boxes of lures and a bit of junk :ROFLMAO: chuck over shoulder sort of thing so i can get at boxes with out taking it off

Lidls had these for sale a while back . Good quality for £25 . Might still be able to get them online
View attachment 48643

Wifey got me one - good bit of kit. Sadly, I don't think Lidl have an online service like Aldi do.

Got a nice one same size as the old gas mask bags (in fact got 2)

If you think about it, how long you are going to be there, so how many casts you going to do, how many times are you changing lures!

I just take a bag with other stuff as above and a container size of a take away carton with rubber types, metals, surface lures and a set of feathers.

4 lure boxes is at least 2 too many unless you're boat fishing. I'd recommend a Snowbee sling pack or similar, others like hip bags, vests etc. but that's down to personal choice. When shore fishing the key is to stay as mobile as possible by carrying the bare minimum

Last edited:
4 lure boxes is at least 2 too many unless you're boat fishing. I'd recommend a Snowbee sling pack or similar, others like hip bags, vests etc. but that's down to personal choice. When shore fishing the key is to stay as mobile as possible by carrying the bare minimum
i think you are correct 2 lure boxes , but i am new to it so thinking 3 boxes , a bag that out the way waist or over shoulder , there so much crap out there that looks ok till you use it, got a small rucksack but it a pain when swoping lures boxes tip out 😳

Just use a rucksack - simples sergi ;)

363812737_1797090220707743_6217983913563106052_n.jpg
thats it child lunch bag 15£. even room pies and a drink :ROFLMAO:

I never take as many lure boxes as that. Usually only one, but sometimes two.

The box(es), spare leader, line clippers, lure clips and tape measure all fit easily in a medium-sized Wychwood trout bag that goes over the shoulder. Easy to get into the bag without having to take it off.

I realise that this doesn't answer the question of how to carry four boxes but it might be worth thinking about whether you really need that many.

A Snowbee sling bag is decent but 4 boxes would be too many. If you want waterproof look at the Hpa sling bag, very nice.
Personally I use an IMA vest as quite often I’m wading so everything is at hand.

Just a thought, but if a bag comes with X number of boxes, you haven't got to take or use them all.

Wifey got me a nice tackle bag (Lidl I think) which came with 4 large & 2 small boxes. I used 2 large boxes for lures & end tackle, and 1 small box for swivels, beads, hooks etc., and the other boxes have been used for storage in one of my main tackle storage crates.

Back