• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Milford shingle bank 03/12

Emmcee75

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
As the title suggests I headed to milford Saturday with the plan to fish the mornings ebb and the evenings ebb. Small tides which are ideal for milford and with an easterly wind the bank would give me some shelter from it so I thought it was worth a try.

Left home early to fish the mornings ebb tide and the 90min drive was soon completed and I was set up before first light. My usual set up, 1 rod a 2 hook loop rig for scratching and the other rod an up and over pennel with 4/0 octopus hook and 2/0 circle for the pennel. Frozen black tipped with squid on the scratching rod and a mix of either razor/squid wraps or mackerel/squid wraps. I was soon getting bites on both rods with a half a dozen whiting in the first hour and then a lull in the action for half hour or so until a doggy took my mackerel/squid wrap. Decided to try a razor/squid wrap on the next cast and within 5 minutes the rod bent right over and some line taken followed by a spirited fight from a bass of 45cm. The circle hook doing its job but the other hook caught by its pec but no damaged done and it swam off strongly. Screenshot_20221204_071632_Gallery.jpg
Put on another razor/squid wrap and another good bite resulted in a smaller bass.Screenshot_20221204_071646_Gallery.jpg
I had a few more whiting and 4 more dogs for the next couple of hours and with an hour of the ebb left the bites had dried up completely so packed up for a pub lunch before returning a few hours later.
Got back with an hour of the flood still to go and set back up where I was in the morning. Much busier in the evening with 8 - 10 others there where as the morning only 1 other.
A much slower session with a handful of dogs, half dozen whiting and a couple of pouting for my efforts.
I called it a night half way through the ebb as the bites tailed off ,much sooner into the session than in the morning but more than happy with my catch.
Tight lines.

As the title suggests I headed to milford Saturday with the plan to fish the mornings ebb and the evenings ebb. Small tides which are ideal for milford and with an easterly wind the bank would give me some shelter from it so I thought it was worth a try.

Left home early to fish the mornings ebb tide and the 90min drive was soon completed and I was set up before first light. My usual set up, 1 rod a 2 hook loop rig for scratching and the other rod an up and over pennel with 4/0 octopus hook and 2/0 circle for the pennel. Frozen black tipped with squid on the scratching rod and a mix of either razor/squid wraps or mackerel/squid wraps. I was soon getting bites on both rods with a half a dozen whiting in the first hour and then a lull in the action for half hour or so until a doggy took my mackerel/squid wrap. Decided to try a razor/squid wrap on the next cast and within 5 minutes the rod bent right over and some line taken followed by a spirited fight from a bass of 45cm. The circle hook doing its job but the other hook caught by its pec but no damaged done and it swam off strongly. View attachment 36302
Put on another razor/squid wrap and another good bite resulted in a smaller bass.View attachment 36303
I had a few more whiting and 4 more dogs for the next couple of hours and with an hour of the ebb left the bites had dried up completely so packed up for a pub lunch before returning a few hours later.
Got back with an hour of the flood still to go and set back up where I was in the morning. Much busier in the evening with 8 - 10 others there where as the morning only 1 other.
A much slower session with a handful of dogs, half dozen whiting and a couple of pouting for my efforts.
I called it a night half way through the ebb as the bites tailed off ,much sooner into the session than in the morning but more than happy with my catch.
Tight lines.
A wholly satisfying outing … well done

Nice one EmmCee - well done! 🎣🎣👍👍

Back