• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Monday night catch report

John Mitchell

Reaction score
I met up with bananas last evening after a message in the day to say fancy a beach session, so after a few phone calls I managed to get some rag , boy what a busy night I was so knackered I had to pack up early , nearly a fish a cast mostly decent size whiting , I kept some for me and my dog, I also had 1 pout , about 4 dogs I wasn’t counting, I must off had 12 or more whiting , and to top it all a new PB Huss just under 7lb , it was a strong fish I struggled to hold it for a picture IMG_0668.jpegIMG_0667.jpeg, I got there at 3.30 by 8 I had enough , a great session.

Was good to fish with you again John, even if you did pack up early!!, was a very busy night with fish on most casts, cracker of a Huss you had and thanks for letting me have it, sat in the freezer now with all the Whiting fillets.
The Huss I had was just a tad smaller than yours and a nice last cast fish, but not quite as good as getting my target for the evening, my first ever Spurdog, only 3.4lb but put a great smile on my face, many thanks to @Tatunka joe for the tips on how to get him(y)(y)

IMG_20231120_175129.jpg
IMG_20231120_203929.jpg

Yes bob it was good to get together again , because of a busy session on a soft beach constant casting I just felt drained, maybe I am getting old , soon be 72 agh

Was good to fish with you again John, even if you did pack up early!!, was a very busy night with fish on most casts, cracker of a Huss you had and thanks for letting me have it, sat in the freezer now with all the Whiting fillets.
The Huss I had was just a tad smaller than yours and a nice last cast fish, but not quite as good as getting my target for the evening, my first ever Spurdog, only 3.4lb but put a great smile on my face, many thanks to @Tatunka joe for the tips on how to get him(y)(y)

View attachment 54350
View attachment 54351
Well done Bob - great report from you too.
Shame I missed out but no transport anyway - Wifey has got Jeepy until her car is fixed, hopefully tomorrow.

Great report lads, nice Huss as well, great pictures too.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Back