• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East More sharks!

Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi all,
Another fairly productive night on the hounds last night. Had 2 in quick succession not long after dark at 8lbs 1oz and 10lbs exactly (always nice to get a double in!). Beyond that, things went ominously quiet until the tide eventually turned. Again, in reasonably quick succession, 2 more showed for me at 7lbs 8oz and the final one of the night at 8lbs 1oz (again!!!). Soon after, the weed came on with the ebb and I decided to quit whilst I was ahead.
The weird thing was that I was fishing in between two friends who are both very capable, accomplished anglers and they both completely blanked!! I must’ve found the lucky spot!! IMG_6182.jpegIMG_6180.jpegIMG_6184.jpegIMG_6189.jpeg

Great report mate, nice hounds too, and lovely pics... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Another nice report & photos Stormzy! You're doing well on the Houndz! 🎣🎣👍👍

I had a similar night to you a while ago - out beach fishing with 2 guys from here + 2 others, and only one guy caught anything - 3 fish.
5 of us, similar baits and all about 40 metres apart.
Only thing I did catch was a bloody great clump of Kelp which dragged my Rods & Tripod over. 🙄🙄

Another nice report & photos Stormzy! You're doing well on the Houndz! 🎣🎣👍👍

I had a similar night to you a while ago - out beach fishing with 2 guys from here + 2 others, and only one guy caught anything - 3 fish.
5 of us, similar baits and all about 40 metres apart.
Only thing I did catch was a bloody great clump of Kelp which dragged my Rods & Tripod over. 🙄🙄
I’m not even sure we were as far as 40m apart! Where we were fishing is also relatively featureless too. There was another guy past my mate on the left, he had 4 but they were all babies and he was using slightly different baits so that’s understandable. The 3 of us were all doing the same thing though (as far as I know), it’s just the luck of the draw I guess, can’t see what else was different!! ….I’m not complaining this time tho! 😂😂😂

Hi all,
Another fairly productive night on the hounds last night. Had 2 in quick succession not long after dark at 8lbs 1oz and 10lbs exactly (always nice to get a double in!). Beyond that, things went ominously quiet until the tide eventually turned. Again, in reasonably quick succession, 2 more showed for me at 7lbs 8oz and the final one of the night at 8lbs 1oz (again!!!). Soon after, the weed came on with the ebb and I decided to quit whilst I was ahead.
The weird thing was that I was fishing in between two friends who are both very capable, accomplished anglers and they both completely blanked!! I must’ve found the lucky spot!! View attachment 50400View attachment 50401View attachment 50402View attachment 50403
as i have said in the past its that luck gap you have !!!

Back