• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales My Fishing Year Part 1

Wobbler72

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Well, I’m done fishing for this year. It’s time to reflect on what I did (or could do, given the constraints of lockdowns etc). These days I still do virtually all of my UK fishing on and around the Lleyn Peninsula, mostly alone but occasionally with friends and family.

It was a slow start to the year, to say the least. In January, the closest I got to Wales was this view (from my back garden) of the the Cambrian Mountains North of Machynlleth (80 or so miles away as the crow flies).

744ACFFA-F414-41F7-8AB2-0A76AA81E8E2.jpeg

February and March were no better.

In April, I finally got to Pwllheli and got the boat back on the water.

B8B678D7-1003-4637-9757-5F2798CD56DD.jpeg

I even managed to FISH! Nothing much going on, but plenty of Pollack to 4lb around in all the usual places.

09D1C8C9-CD70-4FF9-9148-B316A5A610F2.jpeg

It was late in May when the Wobbler family really started to get going with Bass, Bigger Pollack and a surprise Sea Trout for my grandson Jack

14CC8033-98D5-4AE1-AA81-AE09D119A65C.jpeg

80C620E3-66CD-4F9C-BD98-82ACA7B1F89B.jpeg

A3134ACD-210D-4454-B327-E2DFB394B8A2.jpeg

And that was it for the first half of the year on the Lleyn. Late June we were scheduled to take our annual trip to Shetland. I’ll make that the subject of a separate report.

ttfn

Kev

Last edited:
Sedgley these days mate. On the West side of the Beacon so I overlook the Shropshire plains rather than West Bromwich, which was recently rejected as a twin-town for Kabul (apparently, they we’re Ok with being associated with the desolate town centre but couldn’t reconcile themselves with the sh1t football team) ?

Last edited:
Good result.

I have never had a bass off the boat across the bay from you just off Shell Island, nor have any of the guys in the Yacht club i have spoke with, strange, but plenty from the shore.

Good result.

I have never had a bass off the boat across the bay from you just off Shell Island, nor have any of the guys in the Yacht club i have spoke with, strange, but plenty from the shore.

How strange. They show all along the South coast of the Lleyn.
Merry Christmas! Is that a Robalo you've got there Wobbler?

Yes mate. Robalo R222. Ideal for my needs ;)

Back