• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West N.Devon advice please!

Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi all! Not posted in a while mainly because the fishing has been sh*notverygood!!
Anyway, I’m on holibobs with the family and unlike previous excursions whereby I’ve had to make do with crappy telescopic rods, this time I’ve built a roof box and I have my big boy rods!! Woot!!
I’m staying near Woolfardisworthy and I’m looking to get a session in one evening/night this week. I was looking at Clovelly but obviously I have no knowledge of the area. Am I wasting my time here? What can be caught?
Any better suggestions?
I’m not too interested in smaller species, ideally targeting any form of rays or sharks (excluding doggies!! 😂). I’d love, LOVE, to find my first tope!! (Not counting the tiny pup I had at Burry Port last year).
Any help would be gratefully received!
We’re off to Cornwall next week and south Devon on the way home so hopefully get a few nights in but wanted some advice on this initial hurdle first!!
Thanks guys, you’re awesome. IMG_2307.jpeg

How long are you here for mate and what fishing time have you got?

I’ll concoct a pm, bear with…
Here til 4th. Probably only get one evening/night in. Possibly tonight (31st)!

Hi Stormzy - where are you heading in South Devon on your return? I'm not much help for fishing info, but always happy to help where I can.
@John Mitchell would be the better one to ask, only place I can suggest is Beesands but depends where you are staying. Best of luck! 👍👍

Found a spot I liked the look of, first cast and out comes this bad boy!!IMG_5795.jpeg

Ended up with 2 hounds at 8lbs 2oz and 4lbs 9oz, a 4lbs conger and 3 dogs. Dropped a couple of good fish on the rocks in front of me. They’re kinda tough to land on your own!!
Good night overall. IMG_5810.pngIMG_5805.pngIMG_5807.pngIMG_5806.png

Nice mixed bag mate, and great pics as well, nice one.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Hi Stormzy - where are you heading in South Devon on your return? I'm not much help for fishing info, but always happy to help where I can.
@John Mitchell would be the better one to ask, only place I can suggest is Beesands but depends where you are staying. Best of luck! 👍👍
Seaton. ….Chesil is the obvious choice but we’re only there two nights. Just gonna have to play it by ear to see if I can eke out an opportunity.

Seaton. ….Chesil is the obvious choice but we’re only there two nights. Just gonna have to play it by ear to see if I can eke out an opportunity.
Ah, opposite side of the County from me! Tight lines!

Back