• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

New scales

Mr Fish

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
After struggling a bit at the weekend - my scales are pretty accurate but not easy to hold while trying to photograph- I sent off for these bad boys.
Most people in the club use them and they reckon they’re pretty good.

6DD1CB0F-166B-4EC6-8B52-6074300AE76F.jpeg

Looks easier to hold than the normal ring you get on some. The read out is on the top I take it? A good idea, means you don't ha\/e to lift the scales to head height to read them

I never had any scales until a few weeks ago, took a look at what John was using, and bought a similar set mucho cheap on eBay. I don't need the accuracy you do, and more concerned with length for size limits. Scales have a tape measure on the bottom in case I haven't got the tackle box with the measuring sticker with me.

I never had any scales until a few weeks ago, took a look at what John was using, and bought a similar set mucho cheap on eBay. I don't need the accuracy you do, and more concerned with length for size limits. Scales have a tape measure on the bottom in case I haven't got the tackle box with the measuring sticker with me.
Lengths are the devils scrotum! ?

I’ve gone through a lot of scales over the years and generally most of them gave a reasonably accurate weight, but what I tended to find was the cheaper ones didn’t last very long and weren’t well made.
My last set weighed okay but had to hold them by hand as couldn’t hang on anything and they’ve always been a bit twitchy about switching on and off.
Decided it was time to get something decent that ticked all the boxes.

I did read it..but I can't remember.
That will be the next thing after Covid. The Um Bongo virus. Makes you very thirsty and destroys your memory! ???

Back