• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review New Shakespeare tackle box v old beta box

Mike hemming

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
What your verdict on the new Shakespeare box ,iv just brought the new box because after 25+years of abuse the beta box finally gave up on me , will the new latches last ? They look a bit flimsy to me ,and the box is bigger so more crap to carry around , it seem sturdy enough, I do like the tray that comes with it, had to buy a new back rest to go with it ,total cost £100 ,personally thinking if it lasts as long as the old one I'll be happy ,.so what's your thinking about the new model

I'm still using Banana Boxes have good handles on each end lid fits snug takes a lot of weight! lol

Have a Team box but rarely venture out with it "It's home to my wood butchering gear atmo" Chisels.Planes.oil stones and more junk mind did pick up some really old tools while back as new stuff is toffee!
Do have a Carp porter trolley for it looks like a fully adjustable shopping trolley sort of thing which is handy as sat down can use handle as a rod rest on beach.
But mostly use my MTI rucksacks.(Tut limiter!)
But box is handy for places like Brighton Marina.
The old Beta did suffer on the locks for sure you could get the Breakaway upgrades.

Back