• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

New shore rod

Have a look on the century website they have a description of all there rods and what conditions they've been built for . For general fishing on south / southwest beaches 5 to 6oz + bait i use graphex supermatchs . When the sea is kicking up and i wanna lob 7oz + bait i use my graphex sports . Ive also had the T800sgt there a lovely rod I'd class them for slightly lighter use than the supermatches .

Just been asked by eeerr indoors. what new rod would I like and the price does not matter..

surf and shore casting rod so what should I get. What rod seems to rate the best.
so far my mate has said get a century. But never said what style or name ..

well a free rod what’s not to like. Thing is I have lost touch with what’s around or should I just stick with my 4.50
YUKI SAIKO A1 Plus. I must admit the name does not fill me with excitement. Or confidence …"
The first question you should be asking yourself is what sort of fishing will I mostly be doing? Then maybe the second thing should be an honest evaluation of what type of caster you think you are.

A lot of the top end rods are designed for specific uses and whilst they will allow some crossover, it would be pointless choosing a heavy ground broomstick then trying to use it with a 2oz rolling lead for flatties. Also, some of those rods will be able to chuck a 7oz lead and big bait a long, long way but they need bending to do so! If you are an overhead thump pleasure fishing caster then you might find those types of rod not to your needs!

My advice would be to visit both local shops, listen to their advice but then come away and think about things first. Definitely don’t be pressured into buying there and then.

Back