• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

New toy

Nice rod.
Myself i do not buy dear stuff like that.
The dearest i paid for a rod was a Reddington Red Fly fly rod as i had bought a second hand one, and they were guaranteed for life, and the place i fly fished the most it was better for me to have 2 rods with different lines on rather than mess around on the bank changing lines & reels.
It paid off because i "broke" them twice and had them replaced.
I've got one of them, and I don't like it so took it Carp fishing, and basically tried to break it....no chance, just kept bending, loads of fish to just under 20lb and hardly giving them any line at times!

I've got one of them, and I don't like it so took it Carp fishing, and basically tried to break it....no chance, just kept bending, loads of fish to just under 20lb and hardly giving them any line at times!
I love them.
Like i said i got 2 and used to have them both ready to go at home full with line reel on to the quick clip on the end and pulled apart kept ready in the corner of dining room, when knowing i would be going the week i was on call.
One day i was hoovering and must have caught the end of the :eek: :eek: :eek: line, and just knew! It pulled the top end of the rod into the sweeper and ended up in 4 pieces!:LOL::LOL:

Had a few casts with the AFAW BassPro this morning 🥶 Very nice blank. Not a traditional bass rod in the true sense but more of a light beachcaster imo. Got some good distance with 125g and 150g leads.

Back