• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West No 3

Phis

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
1st Blank ? it's been a glorious sunny day light n easterly breeze, and with only 3 bites and a crab to report, conditions obviously not to the fishes liking, I was joined by another chap who kindly offered some alternative baits but he only managed one tiny whiting on rainbow trout onwards and upwards ?

1st Blank ? it's been a glorious sunny day light n easterly breeze, and with only 3 bites and a crab to report, conditions obviously not to the fishes liking, I was joined by another chap who kindly offered some alternative baits but he only managed one tiny whiting on rainbow trout onwards and upwards ?
Unlucky Phis, it was probably too good a day.

I don't suppose the chap was using a sonik sks black by any chance?

I think he was, he was called Alec he used to be clerk of works stays in Kirkcudbright is it a small world ?

I think he was, he was called Alec he used to be clerk of works stays in Kirkcudbright is it a small world ?
Lol, I am going to have him on by text. He has not said he was out yet.
My partner in crime in the bay over.

? to be honest I wouldn't want to admit to the size of that whiting I was happier admitting to a blank ??
They do like the rainbow after dark. Not a great deal of big ones about in the bays I don't think.

They do like the rainbow after dark. Not a great deal of big ones about in the bays I don't think.
Not at the moment hopefully they will improve in size . I told Alec I had had some really good fish over the last few weeks when he turned up then ended up having a day like that b###y typical. Mind I haven't fished it in those conditions before, I'll see how it works out tomorrow unless the forecasters manage to get it right for a change.

Not at the moment hopefully they will improve in size . I told Alec I had had some really good fish over the last few weeks when he turned up then ended up having a day like that b###y typical. Mind I haven't fished it in those conditions before, I'll see how it works out tomorrow unless the forecasters manage to get it right for a change.
Yep, not looking great tomorrow at all.

Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say. Shame they didn't show up for you.

I can't see the weather forecasters getting it right ,I'm waiting for by that wind to drop a bit so I can go down here on the Isle of Wight.

I can't see the weather forecasters getting it right ,I'm waiting for by that wind to drop a bit so I can go down here on the Isle of Wight.
I have 3 weather app all say different things best to just stick your head out the door ??

Back