• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East Northeast.

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Well I ventured out the house last night 1st time in a few weeks. Met 2 mates coming off the beach said they had nothing and hooks coming back stripped.i decided to srill give it a go. From 6 till 10pm high water 8.30pm. Form the 1st cast till the last nothing no bites at all. Hooks coming back the same way they went out baits untouched. Tried different baits, cocktails nothing. I remember fishing the Colliery beaches 10 years ago and catching whiting 20+ a session. Not now I know people say it needs a stir up. It didn't back then. I think the problem is pollution from the under ground pit shafts. The rocks when I was a kid were teaming with life, lift a rock there was crabs shrimps limpets and seaweed allover. They are barren now. I've seen a drastic fall in catches from the 80s since they closed the pits every year it just keeps getting worse. I've now decided to fish anywhere north of Seaham or south of blackhall as I hear of things been caught. There was a few lights on the beach at Horden till about 7pm then those disappeared. For most the session I sat on my tackle box and watched the darts on my phone. Only chips and peas for tea tonight again. IMG_20201221_183230.jpgIMG_20201221_183256.jpg

Well I ventured out the house last night 1st time in a few weeks. Met 2 mates coming off the beach said they had nothing and hooks coming back stripped.i decided to srill give it a go. From 6 till 10pm high water 8.30pm. Form the 1st cast till the last nothing no bites at all. Hooks coming back the same way they went out baits untouched. Tried different baits, cocktails nothing. I remember fishing the Colliery beaches 10 years ago and catching whiting 20+ a session. Not now I know people say it needs a stir up. It didn't back then. I think the problem is pollution from the under ground pit shafts. The rocks when I was a kid were teaming with life, lift a rock there was crabs shrimps limpets and seaweed allover. They are barren now. I've seen a drastic fall in catches from the 80s since they closed the pits every year it just keeps getting worse. I've now decided to fish anywhere north of Seaham or south of blackhall as I hear of things been caught. There was a few lights on the beach at Horden till about 7pm then those disappeared. For most the session I sat on my tackle box and watched the darts on my phone. Only chips and peas for tea tonight again. View attachment 2885View attachment 2886
Beautiful pics even though you didn't catch! The water here is too clean for various reasons.

Well me and my mate Adam ventured out at 4pm yesterday afternoon to roker pier hlgh water at 8.40pm. Quite a few on fishing I think there was a comp going on. Well from my fist cast till my last cast I had fish but it was very slow going. Apart from flounders and whiting I only seen 1 codling caught around 1 /2lb. I kept a couple of whiting for the dogs. It was great sport for a change I wasn't expecting anything big as everybody seems to be saying at the moment it was good to be out. I'm venturing out again to night somewhere don't know yet. IMG_20201223_000048.jpg

Back