• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Not again😲

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Good evening one and all 👍. Well after seeing the vampires earlier taking my blood I said to custard I'm off out whipping water "go on them feck off and give me some peace and quiet" was her reply. So I left the house at 6 and was at my Destination at 5 past. Here's the view from the top IMG20230713181223.jpg. I made my way down the steps to the bottom in good time well as fast as my knee would allow. Once on the beach it was where the feck do I start?.
So I made my way slightly to the right of the rocks IMG20230713181619.jpg This is only my second time lure fishing and I'm trying to teach myself by watching you tube vids and reading reports on tsf👍. I started using a white patchinky one first chucking it all over the place nothing had a few sea gulls dive at the fecka but they missed it😲. I moved further along to the left as informed about getting feckall move along. I put on a weedless lures and it kept coming back with weed all over it not the hook but around the swivel so gave up on that idea.IMG20230713204118.jpgI'm whipping the water doing a fast retrieve and a slow retrieve pausing the retrieve you name it I was trying to put everything I learned so far into action nothing☹️ on the seakers or pencil things nowt. so I went back onto the patchinky ones tried every colour I had nothing, but I've learned how they move with certain rod actions and different speeds of retrieve. I had a few more near misses off the seagulls having a go then gave up😕. Now for the bit I dreaded IMG20230713204509.jpgThe start of the journey up doesn't look much but these are steep, good job there's a bench half way up IMG20230713205001.jpgI was breathing in and out of holes I shouldn't of been😂. I sat for 5 mins here's a view towards Hartlepool that's the famous Steetly Pier in the distance.IMG20230713205317.jpg I finally made it to the top and back to the car home in 5 mins Wahoo. Currently sat having a cafferys then going in the shower and bed. I would of stayed down if it wasn't a school night as I was enjoying myself just messing about and being out the house till the next time have fun🎣. Sorry for the long write up hopefully next time I'll break my bass virginity on lures and have some proper pics 👍.

Well you are a gluten for punishment, :D Don't give up mate, all types of angling are a learning curve. Nice pics..:)

Ian.

Great write up Stevie and fabulous photos. Shame no fishies about, but keep trying. 🎣🎣👍👍

Sorry for the long write up

Don't apologise - that were a darn good read, especially on a very wet & mucky day.

Have you heard of 'Fan Casting'? Start in one spot, cast out to the Left (or Right), and gradually move your casts around in a fan shape until you've covered most of the ground in front of you, then move along a bit, say 100 metres. 👍👍

Back