• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Not the worst start to the year!

Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi all, having not been out much over the Christmas break and certainly having had no success on the couple of occasions I did get out, as soon as new year was done, I was out on the shingle New Year’s Day.
It was a slow session, starting from high water and fishing down the tide I managed just a couple of whiting for my efforts until 2:20am. It was dead on low water and I figured it was time to call it a night when one of my rods folded. It was great to start the year with my first ray of 5lbs 2oz! Hopefully a sign of things to come.
The following evening, I returned to the same venue, this time with my mate Gary who was yet to catch his first ray. It was awesome to see my advice paying off though as he coolly landed his first ever thornback not long into our session. Only a baby at 3lbs 2oz but the duck was broken and he was (unsurprisingly) absolutely made up.
We fished on through another slow evening but it was worthwhile as I landed my second of the year in as many sessions with a nice 5lbs 5oz male.
2 days into 2023 and 2 to the tally!! Can’t be too bad. FF7F1A10-702C-4927-9B9A-81A3239A3008.jpegA681443C-9E7E-48DD-BBB0-874775E53A41.jpeg7B66AF1F-E5EC-43C7-8EFC-C8EBF6F84099.jpeg

Well done Stormzy! Great report & photos as always, and nicely done on the Raymondos! 🎣🎣 (y) (y)

Good start and always nice to see an early showing. You've got 12 weeks or so to get your fill before the hounds & bass turn up and it's all change.
Bring on the hounds!!!!!!!

Back