• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Old boys day trip 😂

John Mitchell

Reaction score
Dodders picked me up at 6am yawn 🥱. Then we took a trip to bananas house , which we spent half of it stuck behind a crane and another big lorry , all through the countryside until we got to bobs house , we had a quick toilet break , ( yes already ). And put our gear into bobs car and started our 2 hour drive to our secret mark .
We got there about 9am and after us old boys worked out how to use the parking meter 😂😂😂😂, we were off and it was a bit breezy and freezing, and really slow , we have entered the big lerfer comp , using artificial baits and lures only . Bob was off first with a goby of some sort , I was in next with a sand smelt , I think we have been there now about 3 hours , so we decided to walk around the harbour to the stone pier and fish as we walked that was slow as well , we all got a warm pasty each , we needed it hot really . But it tasted ok . We over the bridge we went then we found a hot spot and we all caught goby’s of different sorts , then I spotted a corkwring and was trying to get him , and next thing bob dropped his lure down next to mine and hooked it 🤨🤨, so onto the stone pier slower then ever on there , then about 4 pm we walked and fished our way back to the pleasure pier to try for a ballions again , got even colder real quick so packed up , we had about 20 fish between us , then for the 3 hour trip for me to get home , so to sum it up a pleasant day with 2 mates doing lrf, but it was bloody hard going . Here us my smelt and Rock goby 72842A1E-F16D-41BC-AF34-6436689D5217.jpeg98114A2B-5683-4338-A358-2526DBE845A3.jpeg72842A1E-F16D-41BC-AF34-6436689D5217.jpeg98114A2B-5683-4338-A358-2526DBE845A3.jpeg

Nice write up mate, yep was a cold slow day, with only a few fish and a luke warm pasty to show for it, tho the banter was as good as usual, so that definitely made up for it.
Heres a pic of johns fish i nabbed of him😂😂
IMG_20221201_140319.jpg

Great report John, Bob & Mick! Sounds like it was a good Craic, but a bloody long way to go for a bit of Tiddler Fiddling! 😁😁🎣🎣👍👍

Back