• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Out for a quickie

Action Man

Reaction score
Happy Friday all,

Been meaning to put this up but never got round to it. On Saturday night I headed back to my north Kent bass mark to get a couple of hours fishing in before the early high water (3am). I arrived at 12 midnight just as the rain came so a quick tussle with the shelter and I was soon up and in the dry.

As soon as the water was up I got both rods sent out into the shallow featureless water. Now I usually use lug worm at this venue but not having any I opted for whole squid. About 5 mins after casting out the heavens opened again but this time it was torrential, even my shelter was leaking! Just as the rain eased my first-cast rod took a succession of large thumps then a nice pull down. Sure enough a plump bass of 50cm was on the shore, not bad for 15 mins of fishing!

It then all went a bit quiet for the next hour and half as the crabs were very active, but I did manage to winkle out a chunky whiting. Being so late I didn’t want to sit through to the ebb so I packed up after 2 hours and went home with my nice bass.

Once again I have been fortunate enough to get a good bass. I am now on the total of 35 this year. back to the same venue Monday night for some more fun (I hope)

until next time
Alan

E0789E14-866D-40A9-8CCA-0C9C6349DA32.jpeg

Well done mate, that's s love bass too. I wish you many more to your growing tally, tight lines

Back