• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

West Wales pendine 18/10/20

ever optimistic

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
fished with a mate 2 hours before low too 3 hours up, fresh and frozen blacks tipped with razer for bait, I had one flounder just after low and my mate had two not long after. flounder are it seems becoming hard to find compared to a few years back.

fished with a mate 2 hours before low too 3 hours up, fresh and frozen blacks tipped with razer for bait, I had one flounder just after low and my mate had two not long after. flounder are it seems becoming hard to find compared to a few years back.
Totally agree. I fish Cefn Sidan which is very similar to Pendine and decent sized flounder are a very rare catch these days and the numbers are nowhere what they used to be. Whole raft of reasons but I do wish the marine scientists would carry out some research into this species but it is never going to happen as there is no commercial market for them . Eventually it will be yet another species that vanishes from our seas.:mad:

Well done on your catches, it's hard times for the flounder, same for us, the Southampton water is really bad.

Speaking to one guy that said that it was the cockle trawlers that are damaging the sea bed and the pea mussles beds are destroyed which draws in and printed flounder growth

not so many years back a couple of trawlers from devon were constantly working Carmarthen bay for bass, a bycatch being flounder was apparently used for crab pots. for me that goes a long way to explaining their demise as the trawling and flounder disappearance were concurrent.

not so many years back a couple of trawlers from devon were constantly working Carmarthen bay for bass, a bycatch being flounder was apparently used for crab pots. for me that goes a long way to explaining their demise as the trawling and flounder disappearance were concurrent.
Local boats from Burry Port have been doing the same for years . Targeting the flounder just for pot bait , mainly lobster so I'm told.

Local boats from Burry Port have been doing the same for years . Targeting the flounder just for pot bait , mainly lobster so I'm told.
they don't stand a chance with that pressure, another avenue of fishing gone as government will do nothing about it i'm sure.:mad::mad::mad:

Back