• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Penn v Shimano

I use mono (nylon) on all my reels, even for coffee grinders for river/fresh water. Multies on the beach again with mono line and a shock leader.
As with me Beach, mono user for 50+ years, never used a Mangle, so not going to change now.. ;)

Ian.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 tried it once never again !!!! Never been the same again 🤯🤯🤯
Did it effect you physically, or mentally as in scarred for life, were you an A & E admission or did you just not give it time ? , how were you after using mono for the first time or a multiplier, I will use both quite happily but on rough ground braid wins all day long, okay okay you've got me I admit it braid wins on clean ground too :)

Did it effect you physically, or mentally as in scarred for life, were you an A & E admission or did you just not give it time ? , how were you after using mono for the first time or a multiplier, I will use both quite happily but on rough ground braid wins all day long, okay okay you've got me I admit it braid wins on clean ground too :)

never been back to the mark ever since and it sends a cold shiver down my back while thinking about it:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What size mono lines are you guys using these days on FS to cover mixed ground. I have been using 20lb @ .40 but thinking of going down to 18lb @.37/35??

Back