• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Pleasant evening out

Live in hope

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
With the weather being a tad hot (if anyone has noticed) and seeing the crowds on Chesil during the week on a detour with work, i ordered some bait and thought I would pop up the channel for a few hours yesterday with high water about half 9.
Debated all the way up if I was mad and maybe just pick up my bait go home and peel and freeze it for later in the year. In the end decided to give it a few hours and see how it panned out. The walk there was rather warm and bemoaning I carry to much crap. Set up and out went a crab bait just after half 5 and as always as I was setting up my other rod and the ratchet screamed off and the fish was off in the strong flow smoothie number 1 in and standard size for that part of the channel at a fart over 7lb . This was the story of the evening with regular screamers through to high tide with 9 hounds best going just over 8lb along with a couple of dogs to the other rod fishing close in with big fish baits. Over high had one big hit and bouncing rod tip thanks to an angry strap that was in for 7 n half pound.
On the drop the hounds appeared again and had one more packing up an hour after high and tbf probably found of fished on and caught more but the idea of a coffee n bed won out. Found it hard work close in and all the fish came to distance. ? just some pics all know what hound look like but beautiful evening out.0B019921-D1E8-49D5-BDDB-B193E14EE549.jpeg7F65AA95-C13F-41B6-BC05-4CC12AFFCA5D.jpegD9010ECA-3E3C-4F81-8153-8C5EA9EA9A40.jpeg118B3FB1-20E4-4E0B-8E35-4A3364F85712.jpegCA75969B-6C29-4F2E-807A-CA98AB16A28B.jpegDF89499E-BD99-4C8D-94AB-6EA7AF02B955.jpeg

Well done on the Hounds! Great report & photos. ????

Fair shout, perfect tide for there ?gets bloody hot though.
Lovely sesh mate right choice made I went chisel and it was so sloooooow
Thanks yeah it all feel into place, glad my backup plan worked for a change. Was bloody redders on them stones. Just surprised there weren’t more there fishing the incoming tide.

Seeing how clear the water was and how warm it was I had pencilled in Chesil for some rays around high and start my sole hunt off. Glad I changed plans and fingers crossed for you next time tat?

Thanks yeah it all feel into place, glad my backup plan worked for a change. Was bloody redders on them stones. Just surprised there weren’t more there fishing the incoming tide.

Seeing how clear the water was and how warm it was I had pencilled in Chesil for some rays around high and start my sole hunt off. Glad I changed plans and fingers crossed for you next time tat?
We caught fish plaice straps Mac tubs scad normal stuff but it was so slow no sure huge tides are much good on chisel chouldt gind a sole either ?but I’ll be back after them again all about sole and bream gor next few months

Back