• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Poo pipe near Withernsea off the cliff tops,

jackjock

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I thought i would give my new bullet gt 2 a try out so before leaving home i knocked up some mussel and squid baits . I arrived two hours before top of high water and no one was there so i picked my spot baited up and out went my first bait. There,s a lot of big whiting about at the moment with the odd codling .Nothing first cast but a 2lb codling second cast wupee :) Well i thought i was into more cod but you know thought DOES:( . I stayed about three hours and had 6 decent whiting So all in told the rod went very well and i caught fish so quite chuffed . (y) 008.jpg003.jpg

Last edited:
Great report Jackjock! Well done on catching some decent Whiting & christening your new rod - still not yet seen any Whiting down here, just loads of small Pout. Looks a long way from where you are set up down to the water! ??

Cliffs ar,nt to high there , the Holderness coast beaches at high water are none existent at most places . You just have to be careful especially at my age View attachment 18337
Great photo! Fishing out of the car boot can't be beaten when you're not as fit as you used to be. ??

I thought i would give my new bullet gt 2 a try out so before leaving home i knocked up some mussel and squid baits . I arrived two hours before top of high water and no one was there so i picked my spot baited up and out went my first bait. There,s a lot of big whiting about at the moment with the odd codling .Nothing first cast but a 2lb codling second cast wupee :) Well i thought i was into more cod but you know thought DOES:( . I stayed about three hours and had 6 decent whiting So all in told the rod went very well and i caught fish so quite chuffed . (y) View attachment 18186View attachment 18185

did runnels friday evening and overnight, last 2 down all the way up n 2 back

best blacks n squid n razor

result??

slack handful off poxy whiting , thats ya lot, waste of 250 mile round trip!!

terrible year so far for the cod!!, 1 x undersize n thats it since oct 16th ( thats when my year starts)
2 trips a week between the humber n aldborough!
lot of driving, lot of fuel but fcuk all in return!

did runnels friday evening and overnight, last 2 down all the way up n 2 back

best blacks n squid n razor

result??

slack handful off poxy whiting , thats ya lot, waste of 250 mile round trip!!

terrible year so far for the cod!!, 1 x undersize n thats it since oct 16th ( thats when my year starts)
2 trips a week between the humber n aldborough!
lot of driving, lot of fuel but fcuk all in return!
Had not had that many cod myself maybe 4 but nothing big. The river is throwing up one or two good ones but its not my favourite venue . Think you just have to plod on and you might with a bit if luck get rewarded .

Last edited:
Had not had that many cod myself maybe 4 but nothing big. The river is throwing up one or two good ones but its not my favourite venue . Think you just have to plod on and you might with a bit if luck get rewarded .

heading up again at the weekend,
looks to be fining down from thursday evening, with wind swinging round and swell dropping
probably do southern end of the coast, as tides look cock on for em

never had to wait so fkin long for the first keeper of the season

heading up again at the weekend,
looks to be fining down from thursday evening, with wind swinging round and swell dropping
probably do southern end of the coast, as tides look cock on for em

never had to wait so fkin long for the first keeper of the season

I would re-check that forecast pal ....

Saturday aft is where its at! :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 06.37.07.png

I would re-check that forecast pal ....

Saturday aft is where its at! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 18403
plans and date have already been ammended
various changes to the plan, BUT, i will be out there from thursday, and returning anytime from friday night till sunday
full 4 day pass!1

good eh :)

full tank of diesel, fuel card on standby n a bucket n bag to shit in, jobs a goodun

long as im back by monday morning to pay the roofer ££££, no one my end gives a fcuck :)

plans and date have already been ammended
various changes to the plan, BUT, i will be out there from thursday, and returning anytime from friday night till sunday
full 4 day pass!1

good eh :)

full tank of diesel, fuel card on standby n a bucket n bag to shit in, jobs a goodun

long as im back by monday morning to pay the roofer ££££, no one my end gives a fcuck :)
That bucket is gonna stink by Sunday. Lol!

Just make sure you tie it in a bow and hang off a branch.

Wont have time for that fancy bollox with the speed im travelling
open window n fling
will land where it lands, hedge, doorstep, or even on the roof of the car on the driveway

as they say
"shit happens "

Back