• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Poole Harbour; 6th Jan

cap'nhaddock

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
The Poo part of the name gives a clue as to how it's fishing..

I went down to Lake Pier at Rockley to see if the pier had been repaired and was pleased to see that it has been with nice new decking and hardwood handrails to the walkways.

lake pier.jpg

It's a handy place to fish, there is free parking during the winter and cheap parking in summer; there are newly refurbished toilets in the car park. Other water users can be a pain in the bum but aren't they just about everywhere. Fishing rods attract canoes and kayaks.

It's possible to catch a few species there in comfort.

Not today though, there was a lot of fresh water carrying leaves, sticks and other debris and small shore crabs were a pest.

I managed one Black Goby to add to my score before leaving to try other spots in the harbour.

There were fish in other spots but they were Black Gobies. I shouldn't have complained about being gobyless the other day.

The weather forecast was for rain at about three pm so I paid for parking until then, at ten to three, as I was going back to the car, it peed down so I got that right.

Last edited:
Nice report, I've only had a nightmare on that structure.......weeeeeed...bloody stuff when you get the tide wrong!...

Back