• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Port William

Thrasher

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Well for my first night adventure in ages I plumped for a safe venue. A fair few miles to travel but safety first.
Fished mh Imax matcn plus with an okuma 8k surf. 35lb braid and 80lb braid shock leader.
First pulley pennel then two hook flapper, squid and mackerel as bait.
Fished near enough 3.5 hours up and 2.5 down.
Sum total 1 crab, no bites at all. Cold easterly wind flattened the sea to a pancake, so not entirely unexpected. Didn't set up second rod.
Was joined by a local angler and learned a lot about various local marks and we had a good blether despite hee haw for either of us.

Good to be out so onwards and upwards.

Lovely place to fish and I've had some great nights out in the area, some nice folks at that end. Bought my first Patterdale from there, tiny little thing, game as - had her 21years and even then had to have her put to sleep with a brain tumour or she would have just kept going! I'm dying to get back up there and meet up with some old pals.

I havn't had any info yet but in the last lockdown they closed the harbour at Garlieston.
Ray
Not sure what will be happening Popa?

We are in Tier 4 like the rest of the country but travelling within region for recreation allowed, but stay at home really?

If I get out it will be closer to home as wigtownshire has a good outbreak of the new covid variant.

I had a call from someone in Wigtown yesterday and yes it's not good in that area.
Apparently Stranraer is very bad with it.
I'm moving to Wigtown when my house is finalised, although I'm in no hurry at the moment.
Ray

I had a call from someone in Wigtown yesterday and yes it's not good in that area.
Apparently Stranraer is very bad with it.
I'm moving to Wigtown when my house is finalised, although I'm in no hurry at the moment.
Ray
Lol, no I wouldn't.
We have been relatively unaffected up until now too.
Wigtown handy for a lot of fishing.

Yes very handy for fishing also wildfowling, and deer stalking.
I've been going there many times a year for the last twenty five and made some good friends.
It's a nice mix for me, not to buisy but enough going on and lovely people.
Ray

Yes very handy for fishing also wildfowling, and deer stalking.
I've been going there many times a year for the last twenty five and made some good friends.
It's a nice mix for me, not to buisy but enough going on and lovely people.
Ray
Lol, wildfowling within walking distance if you really wanted too. Fishing too as I think the harbour produces flounder and mullet and I wouldn't be surprised if bass were in it occasionally.

We cant win them all fella but the main thing is your out there giving it a go.....
That session was back in November and was intended to be my kick start to some outings through December and the Christmas break. Unfortunately for a whole number of reasons I have not managed to get out since then.

That session was back in November and was intended to be my kick start to some outings through December and the Christmas break. Unfortunately for a whole number of reasons I have not managed to get out since then.
I am the same never been out for a few month so planning a trip this weekend i need a bit mojo back.....???

Back