• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Possibly……

Kevin3110

Reaction score
…… the last Smoothound of the year 🤷‍♂️ Who knows, but last night saw me use my very last from the frozen peeler stash while out locally for a couple of hours.

Conditions were good even if it was a tad warm 🥵 I’m pretty sure half of me had melted away during the work day 😂. Anyway, bites were poor at best but around 90min into the flood the fish came on the feed and I beat the blank with a nice hound 🦈

Unfortunately last night though feeding fish was a positive it came at the wrong time with work again today and I was already flagging from a busy one in this heat. I missed a couple of cracking bites on the next two cast with one coming off just short of the beach ☹️

And with it now approaching midnight it’d be 1am at the earliest I’d crawl into bed. So reluctantly I had to call it a night and leave with just the one for my efforts. 430581A2-E1CA-4BF6-8222-5B38004725F5.png

Nice one, could be here for a few more weeks with the warm spell maybe

Top dangling mate (y).

Nice one! Might not be the last though! We were catching doubles in November last year in Devon while fishing the estuary for codling 😳

Nice one! Might not be the last though! We were catching doubles in November last year in Devon while fishing the estuary for codling 😳
Mad isn’t it, hopefully I’ll get another go at them then depending on tides and weather 🤞

Nice one Kev, good report and pics... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Back