• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Pulley rigs and others

Each to their own. I make my own rigs and my own flies but steer clear of making my own leads. Seems a bit dangerous to me. I hardly ever buy weights anyway.

I make a few of my own rigs, but have also bought some from @kevothefish and a few from eBay.

As for leads, no point in making my own when I can buy them so cheap. @Dustybin is good, but unless you are buying a fair quantity, the delivery isn't cheap.
Last purchase from QualityFishingWeights - 10x 4oz gripper leads for £10.65, free postage, so just over £1 each.

I do a bit of both. Make my own rigs and buy a few to keep the angling industry going. I've never tried making lead weights - too much like alchemy to me. On the long dark winter days when there's no chance of getting to the water due to the wrong weather, I sit with some remedial red medicine 12,5% and make rigs & lures etc.

I do a bit of both. Make my own rigs and buy a few to keep the angling industry going. I've never tried making lead weights - too much like alchemy to me. On the long dark winter days when there's no chance of getting to the water due to the wrong weather, I sit with some remedial red medicine 12,5% and make rigs & lures etc.
Sounds about the same as me and for some reason I seem to favour Friday nights…..

Can't afford the pub now that I've retired. And worse than that, my chat up lines fall on stony ground ! I used to be a force to be reckoned with , if you know what I mean. Sadly the engines will not fire-up, the exhausts are exhausted and my manifold is rusty. Thank f@@k for fishing. :)

Can't afford the pub now that I've retired. And worse than that, my chat up lines fall on stony ground ! I used to be a force to be reckoned with , if you know what I mean. Sadly the engines will not fire-up, the exhausts are exhausted and my manifold is rusty. Thank f@@k for fishing. :)
If you are looking for sympathy, tuff... 🤣 🤣 🤣

Ian.

Have you got a dodgy solenoid as well? 😳

And tinternet. 😂

Hmmm Sticky Dip eh? Not much chance of that. Once upon a time it was Warp 6 then impulse engines only and now I can't even get out of the Space Dock. So, you can see why I spend time making rigs.:confused:

Back