• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Ray-lly good session.

Kevin3110

Reaction score
Out on the beach again last night ( Thursday 10/02 ) and it was bites from the off. Two of us fished pulley pennel rig’s loaded with either sandeel/squid cocktail or double sandeel baits.

Marine invertebrates Twig Terrestrial plant Science Liquid

I was first up on the very first cast with a little Small Eyed ray.

Yellow Stingray Rays and skates Fashion accessory Event

This was soon followed by another caught by my mate, a better fish too. I was next up with Ray no2 of the night even posing with this one for a quick piccy ?

Sleeve Headgear Hat Glove Smile

Hood Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

No sooner had I released mine my mate lands his second of the evening. We did try to weigh one just to see what kind of weights the better ones were but both our scales had duff batteries ? note to self must get new batteries.
I get another good indication of a Ray taking a fancy to my bait only to lose it in the surf as I’m reeling in. Fortunately though I didn’t have to wait too long for no3.

Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Tints and shades

I re-bait hoping to add another with a double sandeel bait.

Insect Arthropod Reptile Larva Fish

Only for it to be engulfed by one very greedy Flounder whilst my mate found a Whiting.

Water Fish Soil Road surface Marine mammal

There was though still just enough time for me to add a 4th Small Eye for the session

Umbrella Fish Stingray Rays and skates Fashion accessory

Eye Liquid Human body Fluid Eyelash

So a 3rd session of the year turned into a Ray-lly ? ( Sorry, couldn’t help it! ) good night on the beach, with some lovely fish caught between us.

Tight lines ????

Great report and pics.
I would be well happy with the flounder and whiting. (to eat)
Great presentation of bait, nothing i do, it all ends up in a mess with elastic round it!

Lovely sesh soon as this crappy weather passes there my next target well done beys ??

Brilliant session for both of you! ?

Maybe I should have kept faith with the ray baits on Wednesday? ?

Weather permitting, I know where I'll be fishing this week though ?.

nice report . i was wondering if the rays were still in on that beach ;) will have a look for the tides there for this week coming .

Back