• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Rovex 10X users

wingnut55

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Just a heads up for Rovex 10X users like me, Keens have the 19lb and 24lb on offer at the moment for £14.50. Just ordered some myself.

Ian.

Blimey, 19lb Yellow has sold out already. :( I only ordered two spools.

Ian.

I use Diawa Sensor, works for me and cheaper than Rovex for a jumbo spool.

Good line, good price, but by the time you pay £4.50 delivery, it's about £1 cheaper with free delivery on Euro Angling's eBay store.

All colours in stock for the 19lb, Red out of stock for the 24Lb.

If you purchased two spools direct from EuroAngling, £16.99 per spool, you would get free postage and would be cheaper than from their Ebay store.

Ian.

If you purchased two spools direct from EuroAngling, £16.99 per spool, you would get free postage and would be cheaper than from their Ebay store.

Ian.
Think I will stick to Diawa Sensor mono line as it has never let me down.

I have made some enquiries ...... dont buy anything yet. I may have found a stash of the good stuff!.
Too late Pete, i ordered two spools yesterday from Keens. ;) We will see if it's not as good as the original stuff. You will never get two people to agree on what line is better, someone said that Asso Ultra cast is crap in this thread, i have been using it since Rovex 10x became unavailable, never had any problems with it. I also use Berkley Pro-Spec, that's very good too, but also harder to get hold of now, i have 10,000 meters of the red 18.1lb, purchased it ages ago when Angling direct had it very cheap. But others will say it's crap. :D

Ian.

Last edited:
That's interesting Pete, what are the characteristics that make it so good in your opinion?
I've several kilo spools of .35 Tritanium that I've had for some years now as well as some quater kilo spools of 10x that I got from Masterline when they were still operating. Stored correctly they might see me out as I do so little bait fishing these days. Saying that there are a few codling turning up now and after last season I feel I'm due a few!
Do we know for a fact that Tritanium and 10x have changed composition for the worse?

The original Masterline Walker Rovex 10x was actually manufactured in China, the new batches are still made by Masterline Walker but now manufactured in Vietnam.

Ian.

That's interesting Pete, what are the characteristics that make it so good in your opinion?
I've several kilo spools of .35 Tritanium that I've had for some years now as well as some quater kilo spools of 10x that I got from Masterline when they were still operating. Stored correctly they might see me out as I do so little bait fishing these days. Saying that there are a few codling turning up now and after last season I feel I'm due a few!
Do we know for a fact that Tritanium and 10x have changed composition for the worse?
OK it feels slightly more springy than before and putting the old and new together there is a definite colour difference so 100% they have changed the composition.
But line is so very personal that any choice or advice is very subjective.
I am looking for a line for using on small fast multipliers I want strength and low diameter that why I use the Colmic.
There are other personal considerations, my eye sight is shite and I find it hard to use non coloured or dark coloured mono I just cant see it and if I am with other anglers you have the problem of having two rods straight out and you want to make sure you are not towing one through the other.
So I am not critical of the Rovex its just not for me, I prefer something else.
The Colmic line I love and have been using for a few years is skinny tough and supple but thats now irrelevant in the context of this conversation because they look like they have stopped making it.
I do have a reel loaded with trabucco xps that came in a job lot of line and gear and actually I quite like it, I have also not been in the market for 4 years because I found a line I liked and just bought loads of it so each to his own.
I am 99% certain that the original rovex was also sold by gardner in red and if you can find any then thats a decent line.

But has Tritanium changed? I'm pretty certain that Steve Gardner sourced his lines from Suffix? As was the Rovex 10x in its initial incarnation

But has Tritanium changed? I'm pretty certain that Steve Gardner sourced his lines from Suffix? As was the Rovex 10x in its initial incarnation
I think that the Tritanium and the 10X were the same line certainly at the beginning..
The tritanium was a suffix line so it would "fit"
Somewhere stored in a cool dark place I have a number of bulk spools of original tritanium I will dig them out and put them on classifieds, it was clear line and I just cant see the stuff.
There was also about a dozen spools of Hiraku low diameter line which was as tough as old boots again its clear and no use to me.
I will like I say have a dig out and put a lot of stuff on here and I do mean a lot of stuff I am clearing a storage unit and mostly its gear!.

Keens have new stock, still £14.50 per spool. ;)

Ian.

I moved onto Pro Spec when they last ran out of Rovex. No intention of going back. The Pro Spec is better.

Back