• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Samson lures

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Has any one used these lures? I'm thinking of getting some, the Samson bomb, Samson enticer minnow and the shad they are a bit pricey. so I was wondering if they'll improve my chances of getting my first bass. I've watched loads of vids on you tube and they seem to get quite a few with them. At the moment I've been using patchinky lures and loads of savage gear lures paddle tails, gravity sticks, shads and seekers to no avail😕. I know there is bass on the colliery beaches ( County Durham coast ) as I've caught them on bait in the winter by chance as I was targeting cod).

Never caught a bass on their lures, but the pollock seem to love them. I have quite a few of their range, mainly down to buying job lots with them in, or their out of size lures for the rough weather.
I’m pretty sure that the lack of my personal success is due to me using soft plastic and metals these days, probably only 20% of my time is spent on hard plastic lures these days.

Caught on the mini candle (I think?) in white. Well made, strong construction, it came with shrink tube 'skins" that I've not tried.

It's very easy to get mesmerised by the attractions of new lures! Collecting them is a sport/ rabbit hole all of its own😀 Take it from me the more you buy and fish the less you'll realise you actually need - many lures do pretty much the same thing ie working depth, action etc. I suspect most are designed to catch anglers better than fish!

My advice is study your marks hard and often with regards to the tides, timings and conditions that encourage the bass into casting range. Take note of any and all fish and bird activity. You may see action and not catch but it still forms part of the endless jigsaw imo. All the while you can work on refining your lure selections. Confidence in certain lures seems quite personal and area dependent. On one hand bass can be very selective feeders and seemingly impossible to catch at times, but equally when they are really 'on' they can be nearly suicidal and you could probably catch them on a lump of tinfoil

Most of all stay positive, enjoy the learning journeys, the surroundings and the challenge👍

80% of around 70 Bass we caught 2 weeks ago in Ireland all came to the Savage gear sandeel pencil, white being top lure closely followed by black and red, the rest were on different surface lures. All fish were taken in daylight between 10am and 6pm. Stick at it and you will catch. (y)

Back