• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Screaming reels

Had1

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Havnt been smoothound fishing since spring, and with plenty of frozen peeler ,conditions and tides lining up for once I thought I'd give it a go last night.
Was worried about the weed as last week was bad while bass fishing, only possible because I moved to casting from above , tried from the beach 1st and was swept away instantly.
Anyway weed wasn't to much of a problem . Strong wind but right over the top from behind.
Running rig , frozen crab .
1st cast and the rod bends over and rachet screams. Here we go fish on about 7 lbs or so. Same the next few casts with fish between 5 and 7lbs. Slowed up a bit but then added another 3 throughout the next 3 hours including one that might of gone 9 or 10lbs but I don't weigh them .
Brilliant fun only used 1 rod in the end.

Meteor shower too which my friend took some pictures of , but didn't fish as he reckoned i was looking at a blank haha yee of little faith I told him.

Not the most exciting write up but was a straightforward session with no lost gear or incident .

20230812_204851.jpg
IMG-20230812-WA0010.jpg

Well done Had1 - nice report and photos! 🎣🎣 👍👍

Great report mate, nice smoothies.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Nice one mate, good smoothie, and lovely pics too... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Back