• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Separating Suveran Boat rod

A hacksaw would work, just jesting.

It might depend on how long it's been stuck together Glandy.
I had a similar problem wth a new Conti Rod - tried all sorts. Put it under a hot tap, and two of us tried to twist & pull. No go.
The only way I got it apart was to leave the ferrules between 2 bags of frozen Peas for about 20mins. That sorted it!
Two 6" squares of that Grip mat stuff help to get a grip on the Rod wthout straining any eyes. Always keep two in my box now.
Gently working the joint, once apart' with some Silicone Grease eased it afterwards.
I think @stan m posted something about it a few weeks ago too. 👍👍

Yep, something cold around the male joint, as close as you can to the join but not on the female.
Hold it there 5-10 minutes if you can then grip with rubber gloves and twist, usually works.

Put it behind your knees, hand eithef side and use your knees to force your hands apart.
Two people hand either side of thd joint each, pull apart.

Heat and cold should do it.

Was a thread on here about a stuck reel where it would not unwind on the threads, a tap and some furniture polish on it done the job.

I had the same problem with a friends lure rod, it wouldnt shift no matter what I did, so being stubborn I just bunged the rod in my rod cupboard until I could decide what to do . I had tried everything above and more, it just wouldnt shift.

Two months later I was rummaging around in the cupboard trying to find another rod and came across the lure rod, remembered it wouldnt come apart so gave it an experimental pull and it just slid apart clean and sweet as anything .

If you want to borrow my cupboard then send me a message, Its always available for rental. 😋😋😋

Dave

Hammer and bolster. PS, clean the feckin` joints and they wont stick. Most of the suggestions will probably work, I`d just turn it upside down and let penetrating fluid flow into the female ooer missus
A bolster! The tool of a Neanderthal/bricklayer 🤣

Agree, a skilled wood butcher would get his or her minions to prize up the flooring 🤣👍
Up here they just cut through the boards with a panel saw and partially cut through the next two boards.. and refix with two big screws that aren’t put in properly so you stub your toe in the middle of the night..🙄

Have you manged to get it apart?
Think Glandy must have fallen overboard! Not like him not to reply.
He's another secretive bugger with a hidden profile, so can't see when he was last about. 🤔🤔

Back