• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Shoreham 22/01 and 29/01.

Emmcee75

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Well my first sessions of the year and decided I wanted a try for January plaice, never had one in January so that was my target. I looked back through january reports from the past few years on various social media and decided upon shoreham to try for my plaice.
The week leading up to my first attempt the weather had been cold and settled and I thought the sea would be pretty clear, how wrong was I. It was still quite coloured but hey ho, if you've got a bait in the water then you've got a chance. High tide was 10am or 10-30am so I fished 3 up and 2 down. Greeted by a lovely sunrise the fishing began. Screenshot_20230122_122213_Gallery.jpg
No sooner had I started when a group of women appeared for a swim, probably a mile of beach and they go 50metres up from me, unbelievable jeff🙄.Screenshot_20230122_122205_Gallery.jpg
On the fishing front I was plagued by pin whiting , double shots on my loop rigs were a plenty. Lost count on the numbers but called time after 2hrs down.

Over the next week the weather was still settled and cold so thought that the water would be clearer by now for my second session, wrong again, it still held some colour. I had seen reports of some plaice at Brighton so was going to head there but saw a report on friday from shoreham of some plaice there too so the return trip was to be. An afternoon high of 4pm and once again fished 3up and 2down. 2 hook loop rigs on both rods with bait being frozen blacks, squid and razors. Well from 1pm til 4pm I only had 2 small rattles which resulted in stripped hooks, I thought a blank was on the cards but my left rod gave a good rattle and I thought plaice bite straight away and sure enough my target and my first January plaice was sliding up the shingle. A plump 34cm plaice, i was Well happy. Screenshot_20230129_072848_Gallery.jpg
For the next 2 hrs I was plagued by the pin whiting again, double shots most casts so stuck to my plan and packed up after 2 down.
Tight lines.

Great report & Photos EmmCee! Well done - target achieved! 🎣🎣👍👍

Good to see a report from Sussex, well done on your target fish even though it was a bit of a struggle. Will be giving it a go when we get some of that elusive sunshine.

Back