• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Should have stayed in bed 🙄

Oh, ref dongles, they seem too much of a faff to me but I had thought after Saturday I might need to try circles for sure for eels
Two points about circles. One is that offset circles deep-hook fish just like J hooks, so use only online circles such as Mustard Perfect Circles. Second point is that they don't work very well for conger. This is because they swim backwards with the bait, rather than turning to swim off and pulling the hook into the corner of the mouth. Hope this helps! PH

Two points about circles. One is that offset circles deep-hook fish just like J hooks, so use only online circles such as Mustard Perfect Circles. Second point is that they don't work very well for conger. This is because they swim backwards with the bait, rather than turning to swim off and pulling the hook into the corner of the mouth. Hope this helps! PH
Ah okay, thanks PH! Tbh I wouldn’t normally even target eels but it was a comp and you try and fish for what’s in front of you, of course.

Don’t usually see them that deep hooked that quickly

I reckon you should get your blood pressure checked..đź‘Ť
Cheers yes historically it’s been fine but I have wondered that myself, don’t think it’s been done for several months.

That report shows there is more to this fishing lark than just hooking fish. Loving the mishaps and the story all round. Be safe and get checked out mate.

Back