• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Slow start

Phis

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
20211104_110740.jpgOut again today the first two hours not a nibble, well apart from crabs destroying frozen lug and mackerel and lug and squid baits which kept me busy. Then just at the top of the tide I had my first bite and it's a dogfish, after a quick bait up out again, minutes later another enquiry happy with this one, a nice plaice, then back on the dogfish another two, followed by a small pollock. Lets see what Saturday brings, the forecast is wet and windy the stir up might do it good here's hoping

Adding up to a few species Phis, well done.

Saturday is to be poor, strong wind and rain, best on the west side of somewhere.

Adding up to a few species Phis, well done.

Saturday is to be poor, strong wind and rain, best on the west side of somewhere.
It will give me a chance to test my new waterproofs out the novelty of getting back into fishing is still strong I retired in March I'm loving it ??

It will give me a chance to test my new waterproofs out the novelty of getting back into fishing is still strong I retired in March I'm loving it ??
Lucky devil.
I was more thinking getting washed off mark, gusts to 40mph saturday ahoug high tide time, morning anyway.

Lucky devil.
I was more thinking getting washed off mark, gusts to 40mph saturday ahoug high tide time, morning anyway.
The Beeb forecast said 20mph but looking at other forecasts it sound like you are right could be Sunday then not worth taking risks ?

The Beeb forecast said 20mph but looking at other forecasts it sound like you are right could be Sunday then not worth taking risks ?
I try and look at them all, bbc, met office, xc weather, quite a big tide too. I have probably fished in similar conditons years ago when I was younger and daft, but on the west side of Kircudbright bay on a mark I fished a lot. It meant the worst of it was coming overhead.

Back