• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Sole Searching

Leginfisher

Reaction score
Well after a nice bag of sole on last springs and the tide starting to build again I tried again with my mate Nick. Conditions seemed good although despite little wind there was a bit of surf running. First cast and a decent ting and that was pretty much the pattern for the session.

Nick broke the ting curse with a decent tail hooked flounder and I did manage to wrinkle out a couple of sole and a small plaice. With the ting being in so were the straps. I hooked 4 and landed 2 up to c.5lb and lost one around double figures in the backwash. Guess size 4s and 15lb snoods aren’t the best for landing straps?.

Will give it one more shot Friday at top of the springs and see if I can battle passed the ting hordes. That might be it then for the sole till next June ?.

Attachments

• 72BB11DA-6FB9-4E53-8CC9-A4955DFE559C.jpeg
    72BB11DA-6FB9-4E53-8CC9-A4955DFE559C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Well done mate. ?
But I'm not a fan of the wriggly things.
Thanks. Me neither, I can’t say I was disappointed when the bigger one came off. But they do put up a bit of a fight and for a while it’s fun to think it might be a unicorn or bass although you know what it really is from the bite and fight.

Nice report - well done! ??

T
Good report and good luck in hunt for a last sole??

Well done on getting your target, hope your next session fairs a lot better for them

Thanks guys, I'll report on Friday's efforts, hoping to sneak a few sole out but am expecting a ting fest. Suppose mid November that's only to be expected.

I managed to catch a couple at Tidemills off the beach over sand after dark, one was sizeable other returned to grow. Had loads of tings and a pout. Not a bad few hours on fresh lug.

Ah Soles I heard there are a few that get in my local over the weekends ;);) Sorry couldn't resist.

Back