• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Southbourne

Trev Fox

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Small tides, weekend getting moody and refusing to queue for diesel I thought I'd better make the most of a slightly calmer Friday evening local.
Arrived at Southbourne and the swell was a little less than expected so out went a 2 hook clipped down with size 2's baited with rag and the other rod swapped between a pulley and up and over rig with sandeel and squid as bait.
Slow going having to clear small clumps of weed off the line for most of the night then at high tide I noticed slack line on my scratcher, assumed it was caused by weed in the swell but as I was clearing it off my line and tightening down I felt a lunge, had to stop retrieving a couple of times to clear small clumps of weed and other than a couple of lunges from the fish not much of a scrap really but was very surprised to beach a cod of 3.3lb with a size 2 neatly in the lip.
Fished till around 11pm with only a few pout small hound pup and the smallest sole I've had this year.
Cheers Trev.20211001_202522.jpg

Awesome Trev!
Only fished there for flats before with ok results.
codling aren’t a regular autumn/winter catch there are they? We’ll done mate. ?

Awesome Trev!
Only fished there for flats before with ok results.
codling aren’t a regular autumn/winter catch there are they? We’ll done mate. ?
Hear of 1 or 2 a year but you certainly wouldn't target them there.

Back