• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Southend 2020-11-07 late afternoon

Wattsy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I fished behind Adventure Island on the West side of the pier from about 15:30 to 19:30. High tide was about ten past four with sunset about five minutes after. The tide was on the smaller side with a slight breeze that was from SE maybe?

Fairly predictably there was no action before darkness. I counted 11 rods at one point and nobody was getting anything. I had my first whiting at about 17:30 and there were regular bites until about 18:45 at which point it slowed down.

I think the last action on the rod tip was about 19:20. The last few bites I couldn't connect with. It's pretty likely that they were actually crabs but I'm entertaining the idea that they were flounder which I've often caught after the point I've thought I should pack up and go home. As I had size 4/0 hooks on, they would have trouble swallowing them (but would probably manage given enough time).

I'll probably go again today and switch down hook size at the end of the tide to test the theory. I probably won't fish on the sea wall as getting my rig back was problematic once thre tide had dropped.

Bait was squid and some left over herring.

20201107_153634.jpg

Last edited:
Back