• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Species hunt

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
So arfter this weekend I’m on 16 species this year so far I’m only doing boat and beach not going the lrf route as want to see wot I can get without minis so my target is 30 and I’m pretty confident I can orso add
Scad
Tub gurnard
Grey gurnard
Red gurnard
Smooth hound
Smalleye ray
Black bream
Cod
Poorcod
Bass
Garfish
Which whould put me on 27
I’d love to add the following
Undulate ray
Red mullet
Trigger
Sole
But these might be a tad harder the trigger being the unicorn fish but I’m enjoying the process of haveing a target but thinking I might have a bit of a lull now till chisel kicks off agin in July apart from mullet ing is there any other fish worth targeting from beach or boat you guys can think so far I’ve got
Mackerel
Sardine
Ting
Pout
Dogfish
Huss
Conger
3 Beard rockling
Corkwing wrasse
Ballen
Blonde ray
Thornback ray
Pollock
Plaice
Sea trout (fluke )
Tompot blenny I know it’s a mini but caught while wrasseing so counting it ?
Any more you beys can think of let me know cheers

It depends what youre calling 'minis' too. Youve had a corkwing but there will be a chance of goldsinny and rockcook where they are.
Ive seen smelt and big sandeel caught as by catch on bait, and you can add herring and sprats too

I forget to add Cuckoo wrasse to that list Actually already had some off beer but didn’t take me card ?‍♂️ I see wot your saying ref wrasse I guess wot I mean is anything I can land on a general beach sesh on a hook no smaller than a 4 not that I’m against lrf ing just I’d like to see how many I can manage with out going down that route forgot about the shore rockling easy enough target and I like the idear of a turbot trip up north me thinks cheers five yard ??

The cuckoo, goldsinny, rockcook, even some the minis will take a size 4 hook, this time a year i would aim for se ray and a cod, the wrasses a be ten a penny in the summer.
And i got a good spot for you for both mullets and a silver eel.
Herring and coalfish are about still.

Defo up for a go at yer mullet bey ??don’t think I can bring myself to target silver eels ??
The cod I’ll leave till July to target the small eyes the next one on my list gonna see if a certain beach that use to be good for them can still produce on Friday bey ??

Back