• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Still on the bass.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
After getting off the mark for the season last week, I was keen to keep the run going, so it would take more than some very small tides to put me off.

My first outing of the week was on Tuesday night and conditions couldn’t have been much better, with light winds and flat calm water. The bass were still there too but perhaps due to the lack of water movement on the small tide, they were very finicky. I ended the night with a dozen missed hits, but thankfully I did manage to connect with a couple on the Sunslicker Primus 😊.

The first a small fish of 45cm
Bass 4 2024.jpg

And the second a better fish of 54cm, my best of the year so far :cool:.
Bass 5 2024.jpg

Next up was Thursday night but this time the weather wasn’t so good, with a fresh South Westerly breeze blowing and some light rain falling. This meant conditions on my arrival were a bit more challenging than they had been on Tuesday, with a choppy sea and less than ideal water clarity :unsure:. On the plus side, the wind was forecast to swing offshore later in the evening as the rain bearing weather front passed over, so I hoped the Met Office would be right 🤞.

As it happened, the forecast was spot on and at 21:15 on the dot, the wind swung through 90° 😮. Within 15 minutes the swell eased right off and the water clarity began to improve 👌. I hoped this would lead to an upturn in the fishing but it wasn’t to be and the bass were nowhere to be found 😢.

Determined to avoid the blank, I fished on and eventually, after 3 and a half hours I had the first hit of the night on the SF125 😳. Just as on Tuesday the hit was very half-hearted, but thankfully the hooks held and I avoided the blank with a schoolie of 44cm 👍.
Bass 6 2024.jpg

So I’m still waiting for a decent bass this year, but after 2 consecutive blanks I’m now on a run of 3 productive sessions, and with any luck this week’s bigger tides will bring some better fish on the feed at my chosen marks 😉.

Cheers for the replies all (y).

Here's hoping that this settled weather brings an improvement in the fishing 🤞.

Nice one Andy, some great Bass mate. Lovely Pics too.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

I see the Primus getting some good feedback Andy. Is it much different to the Asturie in weight or action? It's a lure I've not had much luck on to be honest....the Duo Realis Pencil is possibly my best topwater, closely followed by the SG Panic Prey (Patch copy)

I see the Primus getting some good feedback Andy. Is it much different to the Asturie in weight or action? It's a lure I've not had much luck on to be honest....the Duo Realis Pencil is possibly my best topwater, closely followed by the SG Panic Prey (Patch copy)
It’s a great lure here, slow steady retrieve should do it.

Back