• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Sudavik - Iceland

That's some pretty awesome fishing.
I keep contemplating going to Iceland instead of Norway.
Certainly lots of fish but not to the size Norway can deliver. Living costs a hell of a lot cheaper, even on a par with UK Eating out was not expensive, alcohol not cheap but not at Norway prices. Only 1 flight to get there too but could be a long drive depending on your destination.

Nice one Nigel, sounds like a cracking trip.
A bit of a different set up to Norway in some ways but never hurts to try different things!
Thanks. Glad I’ve tried it. Wouldn’t rule out going back but have Soroya in the diary for 2023 and if I did a second trip then A at Lofoten could be my preference for the coalies mostly and chance of a big halibut.

I might have got the wrong end of the stick here but are you killing fish to offset the cost of the trip or bringing it back undercover ?

I might have got the wrong end of the stick here but are you killing fish to offset the cost of the trip or bringing it back undercover ?
Yes you have misunderstood. You are allowed to bring back 20 kg of fish from Iceland under their and uk regs if you want to. The camp keeps the rest of the fish and sells it under their quota and they keep the proceeds. They don’t don’t pay you anything for it so doesn’t subsidise the trip. You pay for your trip, in this case booked via Anglers World. Doesn’t matter if you caught 1 or 10,000 fish, the cost to the anglers is the same. So no offset of costs and nothing undercover. Arguably if the camp didn’t have the income from selling the fish then maybe the cost of the trip to the anglers would increase.

Last edited:
I might have got the wrong end of the stick here but are you killing fish to offset the cost of the trip or bringing it back undercover

Well done Nigel
Great catch report and good info
On my bucket list
Hopefully see you on chesil later in the year
Gray
Cheers mate. If you get the chance to do Norway or Iceland defo do it. Be great to fish with you again, will have to see if I can drum up the enthusiasm for the long Chesil drive at some point. Maybe when Pete arranges another meet.

Back