• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Wales Swansea bay

nearly70ty

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Hi gents
I fished the steps Sunday night on a big tide, light north westerly winds and clear skies, I thought I might be in with a chance of my targets a few R's. Bait was some Swansea bay lug which were coming to the end of their usefulness definitely a bit ripe ;) .
Two hook rigs were on both rods, with size 2 hooks one with short snoods and a split shot on the snood to keep it down on the deck. The sea was more or less flat but a few swells developed as the tide met the steps. I
cast the Conti rod out baited up the second a t 800 which I hit a bit harder. With in five minutes I noticed the first rod twitching that tell tale slow nod that my friend the dogfish shows it' interest. As I was looking at the first the second started doing the same. I struck the Conti and wound in the first dogfish, the second continued nodding as I rebaited the first rod and cast it out. When I brought the second rod in I was rewarded with not one but two of the little blighters. The rest of the night went along similar line's, between the lulls in the woofers I managed to land a silver eel and a few small whiting, unfortunatly no R's turned up they need a bit of time to take the bait and they just aren't going to get that with a pack or two of rampaging dogs in the area.
Onwards and upwards gents enjoy your fishing and tight lines.

Back