• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Sweaty hour

bananas

Reaction score
Went along to Blackpool sands last night to fish low up, the spot that I fancied up near the rocks had been taken so was just off centre of the beach, little bit a of a chilly breeze was blowing so brolly up before tackling up, baits was in the water by 6pm with low tide around 7.15ish.
Nothing for the first hour except all the rag was being stripped quickly, but bang on 7pm had the blank saver of a Dogfish, relieved of that, I recast both rods and sat back to rebait the third trace while watching the tips, the closest rod to me decided to pull down and keep going down, jumped up struck, head shakes, fish on, after a good few pumps the fish was making his way along the beach and shaking like a good urn, with me just wishing I hadn't set up on the high water mark, as here was a lot a beach to walk down, managed to turn him and he was coming back towards me, still shaking and not a happy bunny, caught him on a wave and surfed him nearly to my feet, a nice lump of Smoothound was ready to be unhooked, went just over 5lb on the scales, thought that the fun was over then, but took loads of attempts to get the bugger back, kept swimming towards the beach, finally he got his head around what to do and was gone.
IMG_20211030_191017.jpg

It was then like a switch had gone on because it was fish a chuck after that, had 5 Dogfish, a small Huss and couple a Pouting in the space of a hour, I was sweating, legging up and down the beach, casting, unhooking, recasting, then at 8pm dead, it all stopped, not a sniff after that, baits was hardly being touched.
There was quite a few others fishing now and could see the odd pouting come out, but nowt for me, so at 10pm I decided to pack it up, lucky for me as the wind that had been fairly light moved around and got a bit more angry, it helped putting the brolly down all on its own!
Tackle boxed, rods around my neck, I dragged me gear back to the car, getting bloody sweaty again doing it!!

Great report & photos Bob! Well done! I thought about popping out but that wind got real nasty later on so glad I didn't. ????

Back