• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice T700 eliminators any good ?

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
So let’s face facts I’m obsessed with fishing and don’t really spend money on anything else apart from tools but don’t see that as a treat atm I’ve got a pair of gbfs Mark ones which are great for rougher ground and I have a pair of sonic gravity’s BT’s which are fine for most of my fishing around here but I don’t love them there not bad rods but they haven’t got that ???factor rafter speaking to a lad from our club I gave a hand to the other day he metiond the above rods and said as a long rod fs user I whould love these rods so I done a deep dive and looks as tho there right up my street lots of money but as a fella said to me the other day there’s alit more expensive hobbies out there so has anyone had any experience with these rods and wot do they think I see them as more of an investment than the others I own anyone got any thoughts ???

Ive used them since theyve been out , i love mine , i built them for FS reel down and braid , perfect combo imo for these rods.
Dont think they are superlight flexy inshore rods either, they can easy handle up to 6oz .
Ive pendulumed mine since day 1 but they are sweet for oht(unlike the 900s)
Only downside is the 2 piece length makes it a pain for transporting if your not used to good ol 8ft tip section rods.
Its pretty rare i opt for my 900s over the 7s , they only come out when i know a 7oz is required

Last edited:
Buy them mate, If you spend a grand on some rods that will last you years I don't see an issue!

Fishing is much cheaper than other hobbies, golf for example £1000 annual green fees to join a club, £1000 for golf clubs! £50 a round to play other courses etc.
Fishing is a bargain in comparison :p

So let’s face facts I’m obsessed with fishing and don’t really spend money on anything else apart from tools but don’t see that as a treat atm I’ve got a pair of gbfs Mark ones which are great for rougher ground and I have a pair of sonic gravity’s BT’s which are fine for most of my fishing around here but I don’t love them there not bad rods but they haven’t got that ???factor rafter speaking to a lad from our club I gave a hand to the other day he metiond the above rods and said as a long rod fs user I whould love these rods so I done a deep dive and looks as tho there right up my street lots of money but as a fella said to me the other day there’s alit more expensive hobbies out there so has anyone had any experience with these rods and wot do they think I see them as more of an investment than the others I own anyone got any thoughts ???
Had a go with a brand new one other month liked it deff 5oz plus rather than light though!
But what are you looking for in a rod? 4.5.6oz? reel up down.Smooth rougher?

My choice esp if want something easy to travel with that covers most things and light! is the Italcanna Dynamis either FSH which is 4.5 and bit lighter action than other they say match tip! will handle i'd say 6oz but i prefer 5 has a good tip sits well in tide and i use braid.
The OTG is bit stiffer bit shorter 6oz is easy and big bait even but 5 works well tips good both show bites well can pendulum either or OTG.
With Aero Techs on or power Aeros both a light set up.
Just over £400 each.Three piece rods.Alps rings.Fuji DPS type reel seat

Had a go with a brand new one other month liked it deff 5oz plus rather than light though!
But what are you looking for in a rod? 4.5.6oz? reel up down.Smooth rougher?

My choice esp if want something easy to travel with that covers most things and light! is the Italcanna Dynamis either FSH which is 4.5 and bit lighter action than other they say match tip! will handle i'd say 6oz but i prefer 5 has a good tip sits well in tide and i use braid.
The OTG is bit stiffer bit shorter 6oz is easy and big bait even but 5 works well tips good both show bites well can pendulum either or OTG.
With Aero Techs on or power Aeros both a light set up.
Just over £400 each.Three piece rods.Alps rings.Fuji DPS type reel seat
Trying to step away from three piece tourney and I’d like to wear a century T-shirt on the beach ??I think I might take the plunge but am going Norway next year so there’s a fair chunk of cash on that but you only live once just need to convince her indoors now ???

Trying to step away from three piece tourney and I’d like to wear a century T-shirt on the beach ??I think I might take the plunge but am going Norway next year so there’s a fair chunk of cash on that but you only live once just need to convince her indoors now ???
Exactly what i did , flogged my old 3 piece SRE,s to fund the 700s.
Both the 700 and 900 cover virtually everything i do (did have the gbfspro before the 900s as well , equally nice rods in that class)

Think I’ll keep the sonics as well for now cause I don’t mind them at all and if I ain’t upswing them then maybe I’ll move them on but like vinny said along with my gbs I’ll have all the marks I fish covered ??

Back