• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Tackle Boxes

spiderfur

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Advice please troops.
My trusty seat/carrier has finally given up on me and have been considering a Shakespeare box. Would anyone recommend them? Are they worth the money?

I've had a Shakespeare box for over 30 years now and it's still going strong. I fitted the Breakaway back rest and carrying straps which made it much easier to carry. It's great for beaches and level surfaces but not so good on uneven rocks. I see that they're quite pricey now but should last for a long time.

I've had a Shakespeare box for over 30 years now and it's still going strong. I fitted the Breakaway back rest and carrying straps which made it much easier to carry. It's great for beaches and level surfaces but not so good on uneven rocks. I see that they're quite pricey now but should last for a long time.
Cheers Skater. Seen a lot but always used rucksacks. Probably give em a go ?

I would also say Shakespeare. As Skater says, they are getting expensive unless you can pick up a 2nd hand one. Gumtree? I was lucky and spotted a freebie on FreeCycle.

I've also got one of these that I use on level ground. About the same size as a Shakey box but folds flat, and I made a plywood lid for it to act as a seat & keep stuff dry. No good on Sand or Shingle! Aldi had them on offer a while ago for about £8, but I've seen them on eBay.

Aldi folding trolley.jpg

I would also say Shakespeare. As Skater says, they are getting expensive unless you can pick up a 2nd hand one. Gumtree? I was lucky and spotted a freebie on FreeCycle.

I've also got one of these that I use on level ground. About the same size as a Shakey box but folds flat, and I made a plywood lid for it to act as a seat & keep stuff dry. No good on Sand or Shingle! Aldi had them on offer a while ago for about £8, but I've seen them on eBay.

View attachment 16356
Cheers Trampster

View attachment 16356
Thanks, will look into this too ?

Shakespeare boxes with the breakaway back rest conversion are excellent value for money considering how many years they last.
Had mine for over 20 years and still going strong.

However, do not be tempted to buy the cheaper copies.
They are made of inferior materials and will not last.

My Shakespeare box 20+ years.
Jax's cheaper copies, 2 years each. Say no more!!

Shakespeare boxes with the breakaway back rest conversion are excellent value for money considering how many years they last.
Had mine for over 20 years and still going strong.

However, do not be tempted to buy the cheaper copies.
They are made of inferior materials and will not last.

My Shakespeare box 20+ years.
Jax's cheaper copies, 2 years each. Say no more!!
Cheers Shirley ?

another shakey box recomendation

as above, 20yrs+, battered to fook, numerous catch / small repairs done, but does everything and more expected of it, in being used for an access platform to the higher reashes of the garage and a saw horse if i need to cut something and cant be arsed to set up the workmate thing etc

another shakey box recomendation

as above, 20yrs+, battered to fook, numerous catch / small repairs done, but does everything and more expected of it, in being used for an access platform to the higher reashes of the garage and a saw horse if i need to cut something and cant be arsed to set up the workmate thing etc
Thanks but one on order ?

Back