• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Thames oddity

Bass&Chips

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Out on the boat last week and it was a bit slow. Had a couple of bass but not fishing as well as it has been. Anyway, seeing as there's been a few mackerel about (oddities themselves around our way most of the time) I though I'd have a go with the feathers for a bit before calling it a day.

Had a few then this popped up!
IMG_3654.JPG

We see the Lesser weaver in the river but this is the first Greater I've ever seen let alone caught. At 36cm it was quite a sight and I thought worth sharing.

Out on the boat last week and it was a bit slow. Had a couple of bass but not fishing as well as it has been. Anyway, seeing as there's been a few mackerel about (oddities themselves around our way most of the time) I though I'd have a go with the feathers for a bit before calling it a day.

Had a few then this popped up!
View attachment 49982

We see the Lesser weaver in the river but this is the first Greater I've ever seen let alone caught. At 36cm it was quite a sight and I thought worth sharing.
The tasty as well.

Nice one mate, great pic as well... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Nice report & photo B&C! 🎣🎣👍👍

Billy Fishing has caught a few recently on the beaches of Denmark, and he reckons they are one of his favourite eating fish.

Back